Friday, May 21, 2010

Tough On Dirt

Stanley Steamer is coming tomorrow. I hope our carpets will look brand new.

Getting ready for carpet cleaning is quite the chore. The Cheerios, raisins, vitamins, and other unidentifiable food that I found in the sofa could feed a small country. It was pretty disgusting. But, clearing everything out is kind of fun. I like how clean it feels to suck up every speck of dirt and dog hair from every corner in the room. And since I was using the hose attachment on the vacuum, I got rid of the dead flies in the windowsill.

The kids were ecstatic to play on the sofa cushions.

Why do I bother with toys when they can stay entertained for hours with a few pillows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question! Where is all the furniture and "stuff"?
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Let me know how it goes! I've been curious about this. Our house is now 10 years old and the carpet, especially in the dining/entrance area is really getting bad. We've cleaned them ourselves at least once and did pretty well, but it would be interesting to see what a professional team could do. Though I can't imagine - where does all the furniture go? We have no other rooms, other than our small kitchen, without carpet. :)