Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nothing's Gonna Change His World

Ben is a special boy.
He's funny and dramatic and sweet.
I think he's pretty wonderful.

He rarely puts on weight. He's always at the low end for his weight and the mid-high range for height. His last doctor's visit, he was in the 18% for kids his edge in weight. And this is why:
video
***Notice Noah in the jumperoo staring at him like he's crazy.
He will take a bite of food and run 4 circles around the house. Take another bite and do the same thing. It's really a genius strategy. He burns the calories as he consumes them.

**************
I wrote about shaping musical interests about 18 months ago. Much to my surprise "Across the Universe" is still a favorite in the car. But it's now one of Ben's favorites and he requests it whenever we go anywhere. I always laugh when I hear him sing it.
video

I love that he sings it with such conviction. Nothing's gonna change his world.
If only...there will be school, jobs, college, bills, girlfriends, broken hearts, a mortage, a family of his own....

For now, I'll keep him under my wing for as long as possible before the challenges of life rock his world.

2 comments:

Linda said...

This post has me bawling. It's completely, utterly, precious, thought-provoking, and priceless. Bless Ben's heart - and yours. Truly, don't we all wish, nothing would change our world? ♥

Anonymous said...

The secrets of what makes Ben, Ben are slowly unfolding.... He is too cute and we all love ♥♥♥ him ♥♥♥ because of who he is and what he gives back to us. HAPPINESS for sure. ☼
Love,
G.