Monday, May 24, 2010

At Our House...

We had a really fun weekend.

Friday night Noah graduated to taking baths in the kitchen sink.


I had to cut Emily's hair because she really needed it. This is the first time she has actually needed her hair cut. I've trimmed her hair three times her entire life.

I cut her hair and Ben's hair. Ben's is easy, I just put on the 1/2" shield on the trimmers and go to town. I've kept Emily's hair all one length on purpose. First, it's easy to cut. Second, she has my hair. I was not about to give the girl bangs and have her look like me with a lovely cowlick for her first 10 years of life.

She'll thank me latter. I, on the other hand, need to ask my Mother some serious questions about those ribbons. And can I get an Amen for flat irons! If they had only been invented a few years earlier, my Junior High years would have been a completly different experience. I will never post a picture of myself from 1984-1988.

Emily spent some time reading books to her Dad and Ben. I'm really going to have to keep her reading all summer so she doesn't forget everything she learned in Kindergarten. She is doing so well.

*******************
Saturday was not very exciting. I watched some guys clean my carpets and David took the kids on errands. The End.
********************
Sunday was fun. We had pancakes, bacon and hashbrowns for breakfast. My husband is a great cook. It's so nice waking up at 9:00 and he's already got breakfast going. I pour orange juice and put butter and syrup on the table. It's a tough job.

Noah has been trying to wave. He's not quite up to Miss America level yet, but he is doing well.
video

We had horrible winds this weekend and gusts up to 50 mph. Going outside was not an option. So, we went to the Y and went swimming in their indoor heated pool. We had so much fun and the kids were plain tuckered out by the end.


This little man was tuckered out too and he slept in my arms for 30 minutes. The last time I was at this pool, he was in my belly. We'd soak in the warm water while the kids had their swim lessons. It was nice to be in the same pool and hold him and kiss his sweet big head.


This week is Emily's last few days of school.
Where is the time going?

2 comments:

Linda said...

How precious - ALL of it! I loved reading about your weekend and seeing the cute photos and video.

But I just have to say - hey, don't you remember the horrible photos I posted of myself on my blog from the Junior High years?? I had short chopped, flat hair (kind of like now) and was very homely, lol. And bangs? I know you've seen photos of Sarah when she was a little girl. Yes, I cut her hair (and it looked like I used a bowl on the bangs) and you're right -- Emily will thank you big time, lol. Just ask Sarah.

Hope you have a fantastic week.

Holly and Bo said...

That picture of David and Noah is great! Noah looks so happy to be in the pool!! Brayden hasn't been in a real pool yet, only one with a couple inches of water. Looks like you guys had a great weekend!