Friday, May 7, 2010

Spirit Week

I was a cheerleader throughout high school. I remember loving spirit week. Dressing up in fun outfits everyday was a break from the norm and I enjoyed it. My niece recently had 80's day at her high school. Since it actually was the 80's for us, we had 60's day.

Here are all of us cheerleaders for 60's/hippie day.


Emily had her first spirit week this week. I think I was more excited than she was. She is so shy at school that she didn't want to go too crazy.

Monday was crazy hair day. This is as crazy as she'd let me go.


Tuesday was crazy hat day.


Wednesday was sports day. Those soccer jerseys will come in handy for several years.


Thursday was twin day. Her and her friend Ellie dressed alike.


Friday was pajama day. This was the one she was most excited about. She was going to wear a flowy princess gown, but since it's PE today, she went for something that she could actually play dodge ball in.


Now that she knows what to expect, I think next year, she may talk a walk on the wild side.

It's been a fun week for her.
And for me too!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hooray! It was spirit week here as well, lol. :) Sarah and Ashlee didn't go very crazy, but kept it mild like Emily. It's a lot of fun though, for both kids and Moms, isn't it? ;)

Fun times ♥

Anonymous said...

I was hoping it was Emily's turn today... You've devoted time to each of your kiddos this week and so I was betting on Emily for Friday. It was well worth waiting for . A week of news all in one piece.
So now my little tribute to you the awesome mother of these three Precious Grandchildren of mine.
♥♥♥ What can I wish for you?♥♥♥
You are already so rich in all the things that really count- a loving heart, a joyous spirit and lots of friend who care.
One small wish I can make for you... is that some small measure of the joy you bring to others will return to you... on this Mother's Day weekend and everyday throughout the year. ☼
Love,
G.

Sarah said...

Oh, I love that 60's photo! You haven't changed a bit!