We started off the day with some cards and new shirts. Exciting, right?
I wanted to make David breakfast in bed, but to do that, the kids and I would need to get up by 5:00. So, David made us all breakfast at 9:00. Hey I offered, but he makes a better breakfast than I ever could.
Then, he mowed the lawn. The grass doesn't care if it's father's day.
Then, we ran some errands. I told you, not very exciting. But, we did make a special trip to Baskin Robbins since David likes their sundaes.
We were going to go out to dinner, but David likes how we make steaks at home better. And he's right. It's so sad, but I have to say we make better Mexican, Italian, steaks. The only point in going out to eat is the bread. Love Outbacks bushman bread, Olive Garden's breadsticks and Texas Roadhouse's sweet rolls. Seriously, we should just go to restaurants and eat bread. We made a wonderful dinner at home.
Then, we went to the pool which was almost empty, so that was nice.
Rocko got David's rib eye bone since he is a Dad too. Before we got him (and neutered him), he got busy with some pretty golden retriever. I'm sure he made adorable puppies. But he deserves a little something special too.
The best part of the day was dinner when I asked the kids what they liked best about their Dad.
Ben's answers -- he likes that Dad makes him coffee and he makes the best bacon and smoothies. He also likes his cap.
Emily's answers -- She loves Daddy because he loves on her and she likes his shirt.
It might have been a pretty low key day, but I think David knows that we all think he is the best.
2 comments:
Great photos!
Sounds like a nice day to me. Ours was pretty low key as well. We went to lunch with my parents and in the evening, I made BBQ Chicken Drumsticks on the grill and sweet corn. Oh, and we also had dessert which is a rarity - one of Jim's favs - Lemon Merangue Pie.
I love the pic of David with the three kids. Great picture!
G.
Post a Comment