Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Well Visit, Costume Change and Ms. Gina

Today, this little man had his 9 month well visit (3 weeks late). He weighed in at 18 pounds 10 ounces, 15%. And his height was 28 1/2 inches, 50%. He got 3 vaccines and you can see the bandaids in the picture on his thighs. I hate when they give my kids vaccines. But, I suppose I would hate my baby getting polio or hepatitis more, so it is what it is. He had a great checkup and he's doing well. I think we are going on night number 4 of sleeping through the night. He wakes up about 6 and David is already awake, so he feeds him and then puts him back to sleep. He wakes up for the day about 8:00. I'm slowly starting to feel like a human again.

Ben is doing great in vacation bible school. I'm so glad his friend is there with him. I think it helps a lot. The second he gets home, he runs to his room, stripping his clothes off down the hallway. He can't wait to get out of normal clothes and put on a costume. I was saying goodbye to our friend who dropped them off after school and by the time I walked in the door, he was Spiderman. Look at this costume. It is seriously on it's last leg. He thinks the rips are webs.

I decided to try to do some school work with Emily everyday. I'd hate for her to start 1st grade and she has forgotten to read because I didn't help her this summer. Every afternoon we play teacher and I make them call me Ms. Gina. Emily writes sentences and Ben tries to write anything. He's good at circles. We do some work together on the dry erase board. Emily does a few pages out of her workbooks that we bought. I thought she would give me a hard time about it, but she can't wait to do it. She was begging me to start school today. I don't know how long it will last, but for now, it fills a few hours of the day.

Day two of summer break and I haven't had to break up one fight or send anybody to their rooms.

So far, so good.

3 comments:

Linda said...

You're such a GREAT Mom!!! I love to read about all of the wonderful things you do, Ms. Gina. :o)

So glad Noah's checkup went well. He always looks so happy and cute.

Have a great remainder of the week - I'll be crying tomorrow. It's Graduation.

brownymama said...

Lucky you. I've definitely sent kids to their rooms. My boys all woke up at 5 a.m. today. They've been grouchy and Anna started her first blood draw today at Ponderosa. She was grouchy too. Must have missed you at the doctors office. Glad the kids are happy and getting along, Ms. Gina.

Anonymous said...

Gina, Thanks for the stats. Noah seems to be doing just great and to know he is making it through the night is a big relief. Way to go Noah! Ben must have hero withdrawal when he is at Camp during the day. I can't even begin to imagine what goes on in his mind, to think of rushing in and changing costume, in the few "seconds" it would take for you to say a few words to your friend. What a kid he is.☺ Then there is Ms Emily. We're so proud of her with her reading and writing. I love the card and will keep it forever.♥
Keep up the good work Ms Gina.☼
Love,
G