Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh your Daddy's rich and your ma is good lookin'
(Hey, it's in the song!)
So hush little baby, don't you cry
It was another beautiful day yesterday. Highs in the 70's, a little cloud cover, no wind. It would've been a crime to stay inside all day.
So, we went to the park with our friends. Noah was sleeping, so David took Emily and Ben while I waited for the baby to wake up. Which took about 20 seconds after they pulled out of the driveway. I would've called him on his cell, but I knew it would take Noah and I a few minutes to get ready. So, we just met up with everyone at the park.
On our way, we passed by the horses that roam acres of land at the entrance of our housing development. I don't know whose horses they are, but they are always pretty to see. Since I had my camera, I stopped in the middle of the road for a picture.
Noah hung out in his stroller at the park. The only shade was on a grassy hill, so I left him in his stroller.
The Dad's and big boys played hockey.
I think what David is doing here is illegal. 5 minute penalty!
The kids ran up and down the hill. This is the same hill that we go sledding down in the winter.
Then our friends said they brought carrots to feed the horses on the way home and wanted us to join them. Awesome! I've been meaning to do that for a long time and I just never seem to do it. Well, you can see why in the photo below...cactus, barbed wire, right off the street, me with 3 small children. It has disaster written all over it. But, there is safety in numbers, so we went.
This was my test for the kids. Emily's friend took horseback riding lessons and Emily and Ben both said they wanted to do it. I know at 4 and 5 years old, a horse can be really intimidating. I didn't want to sign them up if they were going to be too scared. They were so scared they would barely feed them a carrot. Emily's face in the last photo sums it up. Eyes shut and she dropped the carrot right after I took the picture. I tried to have them feed the horses with a flat hand and they were both too afraid to even do that. I think I should wait until they get a little older for riding lessons. But, I want them to learn to love horses and not be afraid of them. I used to love horses.
I got a horse for Christmas when I was in the 8th grade. You know when your parents ask you what you want for Christmas and you say a pony, never expecting to get one. Well, my parents got me one. I named her Crystal.

We sold her after a few years. The cost to board and feed a horse is pretty expensive. I said I would never post a picture of myself during those awkward middle school years, but it's the only photos I have of Crystal.
And your ma is good lookin'... yeah right, not in the late 80's!
2 comments:
I love coming by your blog for a laugh and I'm not just talking about the 80's picture, :) So fun to read. I'm sort of afraid of horses and have never been on one, but one of my best friends in Junior High and High School had horses and there are pictures of me (hey I think I posted one a long time ago on the blog) standing next to her horse, with big hair similar to your picture. :)
Glad you're enjoying the summer weather. 70's would be freezing here where it's been in the 90's with equal humidity for a very, very long time now. Yesterday it was 100 and that's what it was on Saturday with the party as well - or at least it felt like it.
i didn't know you had a horse! and i think i saw that same shirt at forever 21 yesterday. no joke.
Post a Comment