Friday, June 11, 2010

Botox or Bangs?

I'm almost 37.
I'm noticing wrinkles, particularly one on my forehead.
Botox? No way, not into shooting poison in my face.
Bangs? YES!


I went last night after dinner and she gave me lots of layers and bangs. As I was driving home, I saw the kids and David on their walk. I drove home, got my bike and met up with them. Ben immediately noticed and picked me a flower. Okay, it was a dandelion (weed), but it was still sweet. Emily picked me a dandelion that had a bug on it. David said it looked nice.

I later asked David what he thought of my bangs. When we moved here 3 years ago, I cut off 14 inches of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I got bangs to go with my short new style, but as my hair grew out, I let me bangs grow out too. So, I haven't had bangs in about 2 years. His response was, "You didn't have bangs before?" Duh, sweetie, no. She hacked off about 12 inches of hair to make bangs for me. Men.

Even Noah noticed. I could see his little eyeballs follow around my face and then he'd smile. My little man already notices the details. Even the boy that I carpool with noticed. He's 9 and when he saw me this morning, he said, "Who's that?" Now, getting ready for carpool means putting on a bra under my pajamas, so make up, daytime clothing and my hair fixed probably did look like a differnt person.

I'm happy with it, and since the wrinkles aren't going away, I think I'll have bangs from now on.

Now for the other wrinkles, I think I just need to grow a unibrow and a goatee.

5 comments:

pam said...

Very purdy! I like it a lot!

Anonymous said...

FIRST OF ALL I DIDN'T NOTICE THE WRINKLE( NOTICE THE SINGULAR)[Excuse the caps. The cap lock was on and of course since I am not a touch typist, I didn't notice and too darn lazy to retype the comment.]
The new hair style looks great and almost like David who didn't notice absence of bangs, I'll say they look natural.( Of course I read your blog and know you don'tcare for bangs) Just don't go back to the 80's look and you'll be fine. As for the goatee and unibrow I'd try to prevent that if possible.☺
Best wishes for a fun weekend. Don't forget to wish your hubby a ♪Happy B'day♫. He was relieved at just after 7 this am to realize he was not hitting the big 39 for a few hours yet. Ha ☼
Love,
G

Sarah said...

cute cute bangs! you look remarkably young with or without bangs

Linda said...

Very cute! And sooooo funny (not the bangs - your story and the unibrow/beard), lol.

botox injections cost said...

funny and very cute !!!!

Gina !! :) Your family are nice . and you are good looking......