
Isn't he just the cutest?
It's really an interesting turn of events with my boys. Ben is outgrowing dressing up. He still loves superheros, but he enjoys watching movies or TV shows. He also enjoys making his own superhero books. It's more like a comic strip, but he makes them all the time. He'll spend hours on them. He draws everything just so with markers and has me staple it like a book. We are sad to see him outgrowing dressing up. Sometimes a week will go by and he won't have on a single costume. I was just remembering when Emily was in Kindergarten and I picked her up everyday. The parents had to sign them out, so we had to wait outside until it was time for her to get out. There was always a group of about 20 parents, and Ben was always in a costume. They always commented how cute he was. So, yeah, it's sad to not see him dressed up anymore.
Luckily, the trend is catching on with Noah. He puts on costumes all day long. Today, we went to get the kids and he was dressed like Buzz Lightyear. Yes, it's on backwards and he left his wings in the van, but he's the coolest kid around.

I told Ben we should transfer all the costumes to Noah's room. He reluctantly agreed.
We've notice a few other changes with Ben lately. He's starting to prefer non animated shows on TV. He likes some preteen show called Drake and Josh which is really just stupid silly. But, he laughs so whatever. David thought he might like the 3 Stooges, so we recorded an episode. He was cracking up.
I must say I found it pretty stupid. I found it more fun to watch Ben laughing.
In any case, I know he'll continue to grow up. I just hope it's very, very slowly.
2 comments:
Somehow or an other Ben is laughing at the 3 Stooges just like his father used to at his age. Next thing you know he will become enamored with Wrestling and Hockey. Although Ben is much more talented with his illustrated books than his father ever was, his talent was in writing rude notes to his classmates and getting sent to the principal...
It is great that Noah loves dressing in the costumes , that way they don't have to get packed away just yet. Also loved the little man and the flowers . How sweet!
Love, ☼
G
Loved this melancholy post. I wish I could say they do grow up slowly, but it sure does not feel like that. Look at my little girl going to be 18 this year. Time flies.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment