Friday, March 29, 2013

I'm in LOVE...again!

First, I just realized this is my 1,000 post!!!!  Wow!  I started this blog in June of 2008 as a way of documenting our lives.  I never realized I'd ever write 1,000 posts!  Yea me!!!!

Back to our regularly scheduled post already in progress....

The Dead Man's Chest is holding up great. I go in several times a day to admire it's beauty make sure it's still working. So far, so good. But, I've found another love.

After several years of coupons and working for a coupon site, Bargain Believer, I've realized that organization is key. I have my stockpile everywhere. For example, my Mom was going to get more peanut butter the other day. I knew we had more, but it was buried behind all the stuff in front. Low and behold, we had 7 jars of peanut butter. I saw this door organizer at Costco and what can I say...it was love at first site. At only $35, I knew I had to have it.
Untitled
My family is so over how excited I get. Luckily, my Mom understands my enthusiasm. I guess it's a Mom thing. I can now see everything I have and I have space for all the little things on the door.

Now, this might seem excessive, and I realize that I'm kind of becoming one of those people on that TLC show. In my defense, I will say that we have 6 people in this house. We eat out about once a month, and that's usually pizza that David brings home if you call that eating out. We go to Red Robin 4 times a year for the kids good grades.  We go out for Chinese food to our favorite place about 4 times a year too.  That's it.  No McDonald's.  No Starbucks.  Mainly because I honestly think we make better food.  And Starbucks, I almost faint at the price tag.  Really?  It's coffee, not liquid gold.  Plus, I love how we make coffee and David makes us all a pot every morning starting with fresh ground beans.  What more could I ask for?

Anyway...my point is, I pack the kids lunch for school and David packs a lunch for work every day. We all eat dinner together every night.  So, that's 126 meals a week that the 6 of us eat that come from this kitchen. Not to mention, snacks and dessert. Our nearest grocery store is 30 minutes round trip, so you have to plan ahead. I love being able to make whatever I want whenever I want and not worry about if I have a can of tomatoes. Because you know what? I think I have about 37 of them!

And if there is a zombie apocolypse, I'm set!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Piper said...

If I had the space, I'd totally be one of those TLC people ;-) But, alas, all of the organization in the world can only go so far with so little space.....when it is time to move on from here, though, a good kitchen is pretty much number one on the list!

Linda said...

Well I think it's great that works for you. :) I told you that I warned Jim he was becoming like you... he came home with yet more stuff for our tiny, itty bitty freezer because it was so cheap on sale, and it's packed full now. I told him to quit buying - no more. We do eat out - once a week on Saturdays at a nice place (never fast food). Otherwise, I'm just like you, I cook every night from scratch, and I've always been that way.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Yeah! 1000 posts, What an accomplishment. You've done well and no one( Emily, Ben or Noah) can ever say they don't have a record of their younger years. Great job plus the bonus is Grammie gets to know what's happening and Grampie gets to keep up with the latest pics.
I can also see how well organized you've been.. new freezer and new shelving for the pantry door plus lots of food to eat at any time. Great job Gina. ☼
Love,
G.

brownymama said...

I'm with you! I like having my pantry WELL stocked! Love how you organized it!