Thursday, April 11, 2013

Saving

Our cabinets were a big investment. I often wonder how we make it on what we make.  As you all know couponing just fell in my lap as a way of survival when we hit a tough time with pay cuts and furlough days.  I ended up with a job on an internet site that I love.  It was a blessing.  I have a part time job doing what I love to do.  Save money.  My theory is save on the things you need, to afford the things you want.

Today's savings was by far, one of my best.
I got:
3 Dreyer's Outshine Bars
3 Peter Pan Peanut Butter
1 Scrubbing Bubbles w/ Fantastik
3 Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaners
2 Shout
2 Windex
2 409
1 huge container of yogurt
1 Mt. Olive pickles
1 Best Foods
3 Soft Soap Foaming
2 McCormick Seasoning
3 Mojo Bars
1 Best foods Mayo
2 Pine Sol
3 Minute Rice
3 Success Rice
3 Pampers Wipes

Untitled

Whew...I'm tired just looking at it.  Any guess on what I spent?  If I had walked in the store and bought everything full price, it would have been $133.  I spend $12.  Yep, $12.  I'm awesome!  HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are #1 in the awesome department . You did a great job today, and all stuff you will use too.
Come shop for me....☺
Love.
G

Linda said...

You are awesome and I don't know how you do it. All I think is it must take a lot of time to organize those coupon savings and I don't have that time at all, so I don't do it. We also don't have room for duplicate items at our house, though Jim did go overboard on the frozen food sale, packing our tiny little frig freezer to the max! lol I echo G's response - come shop for me. We have one local grocery store - County Market, that's where I do all of my shopping. Way to go, Gina!!

Love, Linda