Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reunited and Two Big Thumbs Up

Ben and I drove to Phoenix today for his eye appointment. On the way, we stopped and got my camera from Pam. I'm so happy to have my camera back. As you can tell, I wasn't as inspired to blog without photos. My camera makes me want to be a better blogger. It completes me. We are reunited and it feels so good.

On to bigger and better things. Guess who used the potty this morning?
Photobucket
I was gone and my Mom watched Noah. When I returned, he had drank 3 cups of coffee. My Mom has issues with saying no. So, I put him on the potty and he went. So, I will now give him 3 cups of coffee, wait 30 minutes and have him go! Whatever it takes. A big thumbs up to my little Monkey boy.

On to Ben's eye appointment.
Photobucket
We were in and out in 10 minutes. Everything looks great. He said his lazy eye is just about completely corrected from the surgery. He didn't mention a possibility of another surgery, so we are good there. With this doctor, I've learned when he brings something up that means it is going to happen. He's preparing you, so you aren't shocked.

The main purpose of the appointment today was to make sure his vision in his bad eye didn't backslide after surgery which is very common. If it did, we would've had to start patching today. But, his vision is the same as it was before the surgery, so we are good. He'll see us in 2 months for an annual exam and I think we'll have to go back to some light patching at that point to try to improve his vision even more.

This whole process started a year ago when we went for Ben's well visit and he said I see nothing when asked to read the eye chart with only his right eye. When the eye doctor saw him for the first time last March, his vision was 20/20 in his left eye and 20/800 in his right. When he got glasses, he was 20/400 in his right eye. Legally blind. He is now 20/40 in his right eye. Amazing.

It's all due to a great doctor and Ben. He didn't like wearing a patch 5 hours a day. Who would when you are legally blind out of that eye and that's all he was seeing. He's a total trooper and his success proves it. He gets a big thumbs up.
Photobucket
His pants look like he just rolled around in the dirt, which he probably did at recess. Ben thinks eye appointments are so much fun. I send him to school for a little over 2 hours and when I pick him up, I have Spiderman on the DVD player and his lunch ready in the backseat. It's only a 90 minute drive to Phoenix, but he thinks it's awesome. He has a rough life.
Photobucket
I'm always surprised when I get to Phoenix. The hustle and bustle. Everyone in such a big hurry. I lived there for 33 years, so it shouldn't be shocking but it is. I've become acclimated to our country life.

On our way home, this monster truck was on my ass. I had two cars in front of me and a semi to the right. I couldn't go anywhere. Still he didn't let up, if anything he went faster. I got in front of the semi to let the monster truck zoom by. When he passed me, I made sure I gave him the bird.

You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl.

As I made the final turn into our neighborhood, I was so happy to be home.
Photobucket
That's it...we got rush hour.

4 comments:

Piper said...

Wonderful news from Ben's appointment!

Linda said...

Awesome news!!! Hooray!!! :D

And you're so funny - you sound like me behind the wheel. I get so angry when people are crazy like that on my bumper. I'm getting better though, but unfortunately I flipped way too many fingers at people when Sarah was a little passenger, and now, don't you know that she is driving and gets angry at other drivers too. Ha.


Hope you have a great weekend. I'm off tomorrow - my sister Barb and her family are coming to town and staying overnight! It's a big deal because they never do that. Can't wait. I'm hosting the family Valentine Dinner on Saturday night. :)

Glad for your great news and the return of your camera and stories.
Love, Linda

Linda said...

... by the way - just had to tell you - Sarah and I both have discovered Pinterest. Oh boy.

Anonymous said...

Great news on all accounts. Glad you and the rebel are reunited and that the other Rebel is content on the potty while the little Super guy is happyily seeing the world through his dark tinted glasses. All sounds right with your world.Thank God. ☼
Love,
G