
That has nothing to do with this Friday Funny post. I just thought he was cute.
There isn't a whole lot of modesty around our house. When the kids become uncomfortable with seeing their parents naked or being naked in front of us, then we will change clothes in private. Until then, I don't want them to feel ashamed or embarrassed by their body. Likewise, I've never been embarrassed by my body, ever. If my kids look at me for a moment or have a question, then I'll answer it. I imagine things will change for Emily in the next few years when her body starts to change and at some point Ben and Noah won't want to see their Mom naked.
Last night I was changing into my pajamas. Noah was with me. I took off my shirt and bra and he stared at me. At first I thought he was going to say "balloons" which he has a few times. Instead, he just grinned and nodded as if he just had an aha moment and said, "cool...horns!"
On second thought, maybe it's time to start locking the bedroom door.
1 comment:
Wow, you guys are too much, lol. It's never really been like that at our house, even when Sarah was little, she was particular about me NOT coming into her room while she was dressing and vice versa. As for the naps, she gave those up at age 2, it was either give up naps or be up until Midnight. Now she's still still up until Midnight, but I'm sleeping (on weekdays at least). Ha.
Hope you are feeling better after the sinus infection and that you all have a wonderful weekend. 3 days to go until Jim's surgery... Sarah has a busy weekend planned for us that involves a large group of teenage girls and a sleepover at our house.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment