Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ben's Party

Ben's sixth birthday is Wednesday. We had his birthday party yesterday. The quote of the day was "I can't believe I puked in the middle of my birthday party". Yep, that sums it up. I'll take it from the beginning.

We had Ben's party at Freedom Station. It has mini golf, a huge indoor play house, laser maze, roller coaster simulator and tons of arcade games. Ben invited 3 boys from his school, some family friends and cousins.
Photobucket
Emily was playing in the playhouse.
Photobucket
Noah driving already!
Photobucket
Ben and his friend in the playhouse. It's like 3 stories high, super fun.
Photobucket
After an hour of play, we went upstairs to our party room. His friends were showing him all the gifts.
Photobucket
We had pizza.
Photobucket
Ben ate a bite and didn't want anymore. I figured it was too spicy for him. He's VERY particular about his pizza. He looks happy.
Photobucket
He got a balloon party hat.
Photobucket
He wanted to do presents before cake. As he wished....
Photobucket
Everything was going really well.
Photobucket
And 30 seconds after I took that picture, Ben puked. No warning, just puked everywhere. I think only one kid got it on him, but it was pretty disgusting.

We were just going to send everyone home with a cupcake, but we cleaned up and got Ben together. He finished opening his presents and we sang him happy birthday.
Photobucket
And he made a wish...
Photobucket
I wonder if he wished to never puke at his birthday party again.

Noah enjoyed his cupcake.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Everyone ate their cupcake and went downstairs to use up their tokens. I thought we'd just go home, but Ben wanted to play games.
Photobucket
We got home and I was getting him undressed to get in the shower. He looked at me and said kind of smiling, "I can't believe I puked in the middle of my birthday party." He took a long hot shower, had a bowl of fruit and some ice water and he was already feeling better. Emily helped him open his gifts and they played with all his stuff. And that was that. No more puking, no fever, no nothing.

Overall, I think he had a great party. And the moral of the story is if you are going to puke at your party, make it the last 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Piper said...

I feel a little guilty for laughing when Ben smiles at you and says he can't believe he piled at his party--after all, piling is not fun at all and the poor kid was trying to enjoy his party! But it does make a good story :p

I am very glad he had a good party despite the puking :)

Linda said...

Awww, but I'm glad he ended up feeling better!! ♥

Love,
Linda

pam said...

Poor Ben! Well, at least he'll always remember this party. Glad it seemed to be just a temporary ailment and that he's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Thanks. You know what that means now! Work for G.
Party looked like it was great and I wonder if it was nervous anticipation on his part. Glad he was well after wards in any case. ☺
Love,
G