Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Morning After

Emily's sleep over went great. We almost called to tell her goodnight, but we didn't. David was really missing her because he got home from work after she was already gone, so he didn't get to tell her goodnight.

Last night was really quiet around our house. The boys didn't fight. We didn't raise our voices once. It suddenly dawned on me that Emily is the instigator. Well, I think I already knew that. But girls are supposed to be sugar and spice and she is extra spicy.

I was actually surprised at just how much I missed her. I thought it was going to be nice to have a quiet evening at home while she played at a friends house. Instead, I was fighting back tears as we went to sleep. I wanted my girl home with us. I picked her up this morning a little early. I missed her so much. We hugged for a long long time.

But when she walked through the door and saw her Daddy, she was the one crying.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She's still just a little girl after all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so sad! It is true you really miss what happens when someone is gone even just over night. I bet Emily will sleep like a log in her own comfy little bed tonight.☼
Love,
G.

Piper said...

Oh my goodness--that second picture with the little tear on her cheek: so adorable and sad and cute all at the same time :)

Pam said...

Awwww, that's do sweet! So happy to hear you both made it through the night. Big steps for both of you - way to go!

Holly and Bo said...

Awww that made me want to cry. I'm sure I will be the same way when my kids get to that age. Glad everything went well though!

Linda said...

Wow, this is sooooo different than anything ever at our house. Sarah and I have always been happy to have time apart, even when she was little. There were never any tears when being apart, that's for sure.

So sweet though. :)

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Yeah,I just loaded your blog on my nook! Now I can see what's happening from my recliner! LOL! Love,
G.