Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No Snow Day and Randomness

The kids have a 2 hour snow delay today. The phone call came at 5:20 this morning. We can't hear our phone at night, so it didn't wake up the whole house. But, we woke up to this winter wonderland....
Photobucket
...or not. I think someone called this one a little prematurely.

In other news...
Is biting your toenails a hereditary thing? I never did it, but David did when he was a kid. Ben does it. Noah does it.
Photobucket
I'd be grossed out, but I'm kind of thankful as I haven't had to trim their fingernails or toenails in years.

The kids were acting like a train last night.
Photobucket
They were so cute, but I think Ben was a little freaked out.
Photobucket

Emily is using her extra 2 hours this morning to play on the Wii, and yell at me for taking pictures.
Photobucket

The slow start is kind of nice, but honestly, it's messing with my whole morning. Our routine is off and it's throwing me for a loop. Emily is acting up and in her room until school starts. I keep looking at the clock thinking carpool will be here any minute and there is still over an hour to go.

I think this calls for a second (and maybe third) cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Honestly, I don't think I could ever even put my foot to my mouth and that was even when I was little - never very limber - but of course, I've been known to put my foot IN my mouth a time or two in adulthood because I speak my mind too openly, HA.

Not even sure if any of that makes any sense. What can I say, I'm reading up on some blogs after a very, very long day at the hospital.

I laughed when I saw the picture of your "dusting" of snow. Yea, it takes a lot more snow than that to warrant a snow day here - 8 inches or more and it has to be drifting before they seem to call school. No sign of any snow days in our future, but it is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow with thunderstorms at night.

Hope you have a good remainder of the week.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Well I must admit that snow seems hardly noteworthy to me, but maybe the prediction was for something greater. In any case it gave you a chance to take a picture or two and get this blog together and made the day for 2 grandparents in the SE of the country.
Hope the 28th of February was other wise noteworthy for your family.☺
Have a great rest of the week. Today is the first Feb. 29th that Noah has ever experienced. Hope it's a good one. ☼
Love,
G.