Wednesday, September 8, 2010

He Didn't Look Back

Today was Ben's first day of preschool. He was excited.

First things first, you have to wash your hands when you get there.

Then, it was off to play with his friend. In the kitchen no less.

This is his friend Caleb. We are going to be carpooling with them in the future.

I think he was sick of me taking pictures at this point.

I gave him a kiss and hug and left. I looked back when I got to the door.

But, he didn't.
Which is a good thing I know, but I got choked up for a second. Not that I wanted him to cry or anything, but he's growing up and for some reason that surprises me.

Then, I was almost giddy. It was time to hang out with me and my monkey. We went to Walmart and Costco. I needed to keep him awake, so I gave him pretzel sticks in the car.

Noah is in between the stage of one nap/two naps a day. Normally, he is asleep at 11:15 when I have to get Ben. So, I have to keep him entertained so he doesn't focus on sleep. Today, everything worked perfectly.

When we got to the school to pick up the boys a few hours later, I could tell he had a good day. He climbed in the backseat with his friend and they looked at a spiderman book all the way home.

When I asked Ben how school was, he told me, "Great! I got to eat golden raisins!"

And I couldn't help but smile and look forward to all the adventures that await him.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sweet!

Ben looks so grown up, especially in the photo in the car. When did this all happen? It does happen fast, and he's going to have a great time. :)

pam said...

Yea! So glad he had a wonderful day!