The theme this year was superheros. Of course, Ben hat 1,000 costumes to wear. David not so much. If it isn't an Old Navy ringer tee, then it's not in his closet. The school didn't allow full face masks, so that really limited our choices. I tried to get him to wear one of Ben's capes, but he said it looked like a handkerchief on his back. And it did. So, he went as himself...SuperDad!
They made a book together. David said he wrote down everything that Ben told him to. My boy has quite an imagination.





They also had worked with each child previously on some things about their Dad. The teacher recited what they had said.
This is what Ben said about David: My Dad hangs me upside down. He wrestles with me. His favorite is chicken soup. He likes candy.
It was halfway through the evening when David noticed Ben's costume was on backwards AND he wasn't wearing any underwear! That's the last time I tell him to get dressed in whatever he wants.
3 comments:
This is so wonderful and it makes me cry. I know, I know... what doesn't make me cry? lol But seriously, it's beautiful. How great for a Dad to be so admired and involved. Sarah is lucky that she has her Step Dad to play that role because her real Dad never comes to any school events. :(
What a great story they wrote together! Great father and son time. Glad they had a fun night!
Ha! What a Dynamic Duo, those two make together. I'm glad they had fun together,at school, no less.Tell Ben to get some of his stories about his super hero feats together for his Grampie , because I am sure he will want to know the tales of the Super Hero Benjamin as well, when he gets out there next week.
Thanks for sharing. ☼
Love,
G.
Post a Comment