Emily is the best mix of every world. She is adventurous, but loves to come home. She'll try any new food (and usually like it), but still gets excited about our Wednesday pasta night. She is outgoing at home, and shy and quiet at school. She is always up for anything.
I've been a bit of a Momzilla lately. I don't know why exactly, but the littlest thing can completely piss me off, and I'll be in a fowl mood the rest of the day.
Monday was school picture day. I told Emily twice to eat her cereal first before she put on her cute school outfit. She didn't listen. Within a minute of eating, she started playing the drums with her hands on the counter, hit the spoon and the entire bowl of milk and honey nut Cheerios went everywhere. I was livid. Emily started to cry a little because milk was all over her skirt, but it was easily wiped off. I continued to clean up the mess and mutter a bunch of things under my breath and a bunch of things not under my breath. I let this ruin much of my morning. I was literally crying over spilled milk. Emily didn't let my yelling at her ruin her day. She didn't hold a grudge a few minutes later when I apologized for getting so angry.
Just like that, she forgave me.
And she was over it.
I have a lot to learn from my girl.

God, I love this kid.
3 comments:
I love how you've put these together with the photos and ending with the same sweet statement. Very good!
Emily is wonderful! And oh how I could of course relate over and over to the crabby Mom days and muttering, not always under my breath. :)
Nice post & ya kids are now much more advance than us.I think i have to learn a lot from them ha..ha ..ha.
Oh I left a comment earlier, but I guess I must not have saved it. Basically I said that I am so proud of my #1 grand daughter. She is so sweet, smart, beautiful and helpful and never fails to amaze me with her kindness towards her baby brother.
I hope she stays this way and never fails to listen to her Mom and Dad and come to them so they can guide her into keeping the same loving sweet ways she already possess and guide her towards a lifetime filled with successful endeavors and ,victories.
Love, to all who have helped Emily to be the sweet, shy, intelligent, helpful and caring little girl that she is today.
Love,
G.☼
Post a Comment