Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Some Fun Indoor Play

We went with the Mom Group to Freedom Station today. It has miniature golf, arcade games, bumper cars and this huge indoor play area with slides. I knew the kids were too young for golf. We have a little plastic set in the backyard and Ben just whacks at the ball. I knew they would like the tree house play area and the games. They allowed one of the Mom's to get a wrist band and go in the tree house also to supervise if needed. The other Mom's did not want to do it, so I agreed as I knew Ben would go up and not want to slide down. There we were in this maze of tubes, mats and slides - me and 6 kids. I had to go down the slide with Ben and I couldn't believe how fast it shoots you out. I think I must be getting old. We played a few arcade games. I made the mistake of doing skee-ball. It's really not a good idea to give a 2 year old a heavy ball and tell him to throw it. He was dangerous. Overall, we had a great time. You'd think the kids would be tired after the morning activities. Nope, I tried to lay them down and they just keep coming out of their rooms. I don't get it. If somebody put me in a soft bed in a dark room every afternoon, I'd be asleep in 2 seconds. They seem to have boundless energy. Maybe if somebody made all of my meals, got me dressed, fixed my hair, put on my shoes, toted me around town, pushed me in the shopping cart, cleaned up after me, gave me a bath, washed my hair, lotioned up my body, brushed my teeth and tucked me in every night after reading me a story, I'd have boundless energy too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the videos. Emily's excitement is contagious and Ben's determination to get where he wants to be is very intriguing.I would have liked to see the picture of you coming down the tube. :)
I'm not putting a comment on the Lion video but that was also interesting to see the love and caring on both sides.