Friday, July 25, 2008

Old Friends, Well Family Really

My Mom met Cathy in 1954. My Mom was 6 at the time and walking to school. Cathy's family had just moved in a few houses down. Cathy's Mom saw my Mom and asked her to walk Cathy to schoool. They've been best friends ever since. I've always called her Aunt Cathy and her kids have always been my cousins. I didn't realize until almost high school that she wasn't actually my mother's sister, but by then, it didn't really matter. Aunt Cathy and Uncle John moved up here to Prescott over 10 years ago. My cousin Denise and her family followed shortly after that. Denise and I were exactly the same age and we were always good friends. We had lost touch over the last 10 years, life happens. I knew when we moved up here that Denise and I would get back in touch and we just picked up right where we left off. We try to get together once a week for a play date. Denise has two kids also. Jude is 5 and Stella just turned 3. Today was Stella's birthday party. We went to Peter Piper Pizza and the kids had such a good time. They played video games and rode this clown ride that barely moved for hours. I gave Ben a token and he dropped it in this game that you hit a button and the ball falls and you get X amount of tickets. Well, he hit the jackpot and got 416 tickets. He didn't even care. After buying a few trinkets with their tickets, we headed home and now the kids are "napping". It was another fun filled afternoon.
The birthday girl - Stella!

Emily on her favorite clown ride.

Ben brought Buzz along.

Ben with his jackpot.

Stella, Emily and Jude

2 comments:

Linda said...

It's wonderful to reunite with old friends, especially when you can now share a common bond with your children. This looks like a really fun outing. :-)

Anonymous said...

That clown scares me!

Katie