Monday, July 21, 2008
New Rooms
We've lived here for over a year and we just got around to painting the kids bedrooms. I love paint. White walls just seem so boring to me. It's truly amazing what a $20 can of paint can do for a room. Every wall in this house was a flat white paint. With a black dog and 2 kids, the walls got dirty quickly and it's impossible to get it clean. We started painting shortly after we moved in and started with the main rooms like the kitchen and family room. We still have our bathroom and the guest bedroom and bath left to paint but we'll probably wait awhile to finish it. We went on a painting frenzy when we first moved in and quickly became bored with it. We haven't painted in over 6 months. Emily has been wanting her walls painted. Of course, she wanted pink. I didn't want to go that route knowing that she'd probably have a new favorite color in a few years. Besides, her drapes and bedspread are pink and I didn't want it to look like a bottle of Pepto Bismol exploded in her room. So, I made the call to do yellow and it looks great. We added some Princess decals and she's all set. We painted Ben's room blue. I almost went with Red, but again did not want it to look like a blood bath in there. The blue looks nice and I'm sure he'll be good with that for many years to come. He really loves Spiderman, so he has some Spiderman decals. He also loves, fire engines, Thomas the Train, boats and Toy Story. So, I may paint some of those on the walls in the months to come. Here are pictures of the finished product.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the colors. You did a great job. The spiderman in the corner is very effective. The kids must be thrilled.I'm sure Emily loves all those princesses. She knows the biggest princess of them all reclines on the bed :)
Love,
Grammie
The rooms look GREAT! Pretty colors and cute decorating... wonderful job!
Just wait until Emily is Sarah's age and she wants her room BRIGHT Pink with White Polka-dots, lol. That's what Sarah's room looks like ~ it's wild, but it's what she wanted and she's the envy of all of her friends, who just love it.
Post a Comment