Every time my Mom is here for a visit, we find a frog. It's really the strangest thing. My Mom comes up usually every few months. In between that time, I never see a frog. It rained yesterday as the monsoons have started early. We are always glad for the rain. Emily was walking along the curbing in the backyard and spotted a frog. Where did he come from? There isn't any water around us. I don't get it. The fun part is always capturing them and looking at them for awhile and then we let them go. My Mom isn't afraid of frogs, so she scooped her up and put her in a crate. We decided this one was a girl and David named her Baby Bertha because she was small. Of course, Emily wanted the frog on her lap while Ben made little screams every time the frog jumped. We released Bertha back into the wild after a few hours in captivity. I hope she made it out of our yard and back to wherever it is that she came from.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
It's raining frogs?
Every time my Mom is here for a visit, we find a frog. It's really the strangest thing. My Mom comes up usually every few months. In between that time, I never see a frog. It rained yesterday as the monsoons have started early. We are always glad for the rain. Emily was walking along the curbing in the backyard and spotted a frog. Where did he come from? There isn't any water around us. I don't get it. The fun part is always capturing them and looking at them for awhile and then we let them go. My Mom isn't afraid of frogs, so she scooped her up and put her in a crate. We decided this one was a girl and David named her Baby Bertha because she was small. Of course, Emily wanted the frog on her lap while Ben made little screams every time the frog jumped. We released Bertha back into the wild after a few hours in captivity. I hope she made it out of our yard and back to wherever it is that she came from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is neat! It's funny because Jim just rescued a frog that had fallen into our crawlspace window area. We get them around our yard as well and we don't have any water, but I guess they like the gardens.
Post a Comment