Sunday, June 8, 2008

We're Off...

We are heading to Phoenix tonight to stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Then Tuesday morning is a quick trip to the airport and we are headed to Idaho. We call it Camp Carpanzano. We do nothing but relax and have fun for a week. There are jet skis, a speed boat, pontoon boat, paddle boat, canoe, trampoline, BB guns, archery, walks in the forest, fishing and we always make smores by the campfire. We are really excited and spending time with my Dad is always great. Unfortunately Suzy won't be there because her Mom isn't doing well so she is in Phoenix with her. Rocco (my sister's son) is flying up with us. He always spends a few months with my Dad every summer. We will also be celebrating David's birthday on the 12th and Father's Day while we are in Idaho. I haven't spent that day with my Dad in over 5 years, so it will be nice to be with him. Here are a few photos of the cabin from our last trip in 2006.




I love sitting out on the dock in the morning with a cup of coffee. In the afternoons, it's nice to put your feet in the water and read a book. This dock is actually one of the best parts of being there. I'm sure this will become another family tradition, our annual trip to Papa's cabin.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Positively inviting!! I wish I could get away to a spot like this. Hope you have a wonderful stay and I'm enjoying your page.

Lindsay said...

I'm coming too!!!!!! :) What a getaway! I hope you enjoy many peaceful moments and what a perfect spot for morning coffee, daytime play, and evening stargazing! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam said...

I'm jealous! Safe travels and enjoy!