Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We're home...

safe, sound and completely exhausted. Why does it seem like you need a vacation after a vacation? We had a great time in Idaho like always. Unfortunately Suzy wasn't there as her Mom passed away the day we arrived. Suzy's Mom used to be a regular at our Dunkin' Donuts, so I knew her well. I served her hundreds of cups of coffee and we had some great talks. She was a good woman and will be missed by many.

It was a little more stressful this year with both kids and the water. The river is right there and it was really flowing due to the wet winter. There was still snow on some of the surrounding mountains. The first few days were cold and bit rainy which was a great change. Then it warmed up and we were outside most of the day. Emily is a monster on the jet ski and just wanted to keep going. Ben got used to it, but ended up falling asleep. Yes, on the jet ski! He'd lean his head against the steering well and fall asleep. He feel asleep on the jet ski, pontoon boat, peddle boat. If it moved, he was out. We went for some nice walks, but the mosquitoes were pretty bad because of the wet winter. Usually, they are long gone by now. The kids each "caught" a fish. Basically, we'd leave the poles in the water and after several hours we'd catch a fish. So, we'd bring the kids out and make them think they had just caught it. That was my Dad's brilliant idea. They were really excited. Emily was saying she didn't want to leave and Ben started crying when we got home that he wanted to go back. It was a great trip, but it's always nice to come home.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I knew you were home, it was nice to hear your version of the week. The pics are cute, but I am left wondering did Emily and her Dad ever get the jet ski in the water? :) It looks like they might have just posed for that one.
It is great to know the kids had such a good time and that finally after almost 2 1/2 years you've found a lullaby for Ben, the hum of an engine.Who would have guessed?
Looking forward to more stories.
Love,
Grammie( I already forgot my log in!!!

Pam said...

So glad you're all home safe and sound. It sounds like a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it this weekend - looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Linda said...

Glad you had a safe and happy vacation! :) I love reading your stories and seeing the photos.

Lindsay said...

Oh It is so gorgeous there!!!! I am glad you guys had fun and got to be in the water!!!!! It has been a ling time since I have been on a jet ski but I totally can remember why Em would love it! That girl has adventure in her bones! :) So fun!
I can't believe how fast the week went. Even with me just being here around the house it doesn't seem that you should be home yet! WoW! I hope you are able to get some rest and get back into the routines easily!
Love the pics!!! Still jealous of your vacation!