Friday, October 5, 2012

Vacation Day 3, California Adventure

We spent today at California Adventure. Disneyland is always great, but this park is a fun change with lots to see and do.

We went on the Toy Story ride first. David was thrilled to be holding Noah....again.
Photobucket
It's a fun ride with 3D glasses. The kids like that.
Emily and Alanah.
Photobucket
Josh and Ben.
Photobucket
Josh and his parents went on California Screamin' which is a great roller coast that I had never been on. It goes upside down. Emily is tall enough, but didn't want to go on it. So, we took Alanah with us and hit a few milder rides. Like the swings.
Photobucket
Ben was my date.
Photobucket
We make a cute couple.
Photobucket
Then we rode the Jumpin' Jellyfish.
Photobucket
Then, we split up from our friends as they had park hopper tickets and wanted to go back to Disneyland to ride a few things. It was warm out, so we jumped into a preview of Frankenweenie.
Photobucket
My kids crack me up.
Photobucket
I liked Emily's sweaty curly hair. She looks pretty, but she always does.  Her freckles...love them.
Photobucket
Then, we went into Disney's Nightclub where characters were out dancing. Captain Hook wanted to dance with Emily, but she wasn't interested. Playing hard to get.
Photobucket
So, he went for Ben.
Photobucket
Then, we did some other things and ran into Frozone from The Incredibles.
Photobucket
We went to a stop motion animation viewing for Frankenweenie, which was pretty cool.
Photobucket
Ben talks about being an animator or something similar one day, so it was neat for him to see the little scenes they create.
Photobucket
Then, we did this fun playground area. Noah was happy to be running around.
Photobucket
The kids did a zipline.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Twice...
Photobucket
David and Ben took off exploring.
Photobucket
We did the huge ferriswheel. Noah wasn't impressed.
Photobucket
At some point in the day, Emily said she wanted to try California Screamin', the upside down roller coaster. David didn't want to go on it, so I went with her. We were headed there when I took this picture. She was super excited and so nervous.
Photobucket
As we got closer and closer I thought she would back out, but we had fastpasses which means you wait about 3 minutes. There is no time to backout.
Photobucket
It was so fun to experience this with her. I'm glad her Mama got to be there for one of her "firsts" now that she is older. Her first upside down rollercoaster. It was fun to watch her standing in line. One second jumping up and down. The next hugging me around my waist. She did great though and we rode it a second time. I also almost saw my dinner for the second time.

Our last ride was Radiator Springs in Cars Land.
Photobucket
Disney had closed early due to a Halloween event, so California Adventure was filling up quickly. We had fastpasses though. We got to the ride and CLOSED. Yep. We waited about 15 minutes when they decided it was bad enough to encourage people to leave. Ben was really disappointed. I hated to end our fun filled day on a sour note.

So we got ice cream!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yep. That made everything better.

It was a fun 2 days at Disneyland, and I'm so happy that we are headed to the beach to relax tomorrow. Tonight was this sunset...
Photobucket
Tomorrow, we'll watch it from the beach!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love the pretty sunset photo at the end. :)

Jim and I don't do any rides (not even the ones you call "milder", Lol), but Sarah loves them all.

Glad you're having a fun time. <3

Anonymous said...

Looked like another great day under your belts. I guess it is off to the beach tomorrow. Hope the weather is good although, I've heard it's been rather hot out that way. Here it's been very rainy and hot so you could only imagine what condition your hair would be in under these conditions.Have fun in the water and keep your eye on the "runner". ☼
Love,
G.
PS Grampie is enjoying all the pics.

Piper said...

I LOVE Emily's ice cream photo :)