Monday, October 8, 2012

Vacation Day 6, Low Key

Today has been a rather low key day. I think we all needed it after spending a whole day in the sun and water yesterday.

We went for an early morning whale watching tour. It's the tailend of the whale watching season and every place we called said it had been days since a whale was seen. We got a smokin' deal though, so I thought if nothing else, we will have a nice boat ride.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ben, Noah and I were the only ones who had a nice time. Emily spent almost the whole time snuggled up on David who wasn't feeling great. He gets seasick now on pretty much anything that moves.
Photobucket
Ben looked off the back the entire time and enjoyed seeing some animals.
Photobucket
We saw a few dolphins when we first left. I realized quickly that trying to get a photo was pointless. I just wanted to enjoy it, not be looking through a lens the whole time. We ended up seeing one whale, which according to the crew was pretty darn lucky. By the time I spotted him, I just held up my camera and clicked. I was lucky to get anything of this juvenile humpback.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had a nice time.

We are spending the rest of our day enjoying the pool and hot tub and relaxing.
Photobucket
Tomorrow will be our last day of vacation and we are spending it on the beach.

3 comments:

brownymama said...

Sorry the rest of the clan didn't enjoy the whale watching! Glad to hear that you did!

Looks like you are having fun in Seal Beach. We had a dolphin swim pretty close to us and I about had a heart attack for a second when I thought it was a shark!!

They don't call it Seal Beach for nothing! (:

Let's see some pics of the beach house! I love that it has a pool!!

Anonymous said...

OK Now this is serious.. this is my 3rd attempt to say glad that even though some of the crew was not impressed with the whale watching adventure the others did get to sea some creatures of the sea and all had the experience of a day at sea...
Hope tomorrow at the beach is more enjoyable for all. ☼
Love,
G

Sarah said...

Wow. What a fun trip!
Is the water not cold? Can't believe you all went boogie boarding without wetsuits.