Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vacation Day 5, Seal Beach Part 2

This morning was nice and relaxing. We all slept in. The kids woke up and went swimming while we made waffles and bacon for breakfast. I asked David to go in the cubby closet downstairs and get all the things we wanted to take to the beach.

The next thing I know, Noah is walking up the stairs saying there is a snake. What? Dakri and I go to investigate with David and David picks up the snake and throws it on Dakri. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. He found a fake snake in the closet.
Photobucket
We headed to the beach and David got right out there on a boogie board.
Photobucket
He was having fun.
Photobucket
We had a much better set up today with chairs, umbrella and lots of toys.
Photobucket
David gave Ben a lesson on the boogie board.
Photobucket
He catches every wave all the way to shore because he is so light.
Photobucket
Emily got the hang of it.
Photobucket
Her and Alanah were having a blast.
Photobucket
Alanah caught a wave.
Photobucket
Emily caught a wave.
Photobucket
Josh caught a wave.
Photobucket
Noah didn't even go in the water today. He tried the boogie board on land.
Photobucket
He tried surfing.
Photobucket
Dakri told me she doesn't go in the ocean above her knees. She liked the boogie board.
Photobucket
I caught a wave.
Photobucket
Then, I noticed all the fish in the waves and almost had a heart attack. Ugh, they could've touched me!
Photobucket
The girls and a sailboat.
Photobucket
Dakri, me and the girls were out on the boogie boards and a seal goes swimming a few feet away from us. We about freaked out. I was just hoping a shark wasn't chasing it. The seal ended up swimming up and down the shoreline all day and he had a friend with him.
Photobucket
Photobucket
They were playing in the waves.
Photobucket
Noah was channeling his inner Baywatch.
Photobucket
That's Dakri, Ryan and David on the right and the seal on the left.
Photobucket
Then, they all caught a wave.
Photobucket
Then, it was the little kids turn.
Photobucket
My boys are so cute on the beach. They just play and play.
Photobucket
The Dad's tried to channel their inner Top Gun.
Photobucket
I tried to get a little photo shoot of Emily on the beach. I didn't realize my lens was foggy, but she still looks sweet.
Photobucket
I tried a picture of Noah, but he wouldn't really cooperate.
Photobucket
I tried Ben too, but he never gives me a good smile on command. Instead, I like his muscle shadow picture.
Photobucket
This was the best picture of Ben and Emily is being a goofball.
Photobucket
I cleaned off my lens and got a sweet picture of Emily.
Photobucket
We had a fun and exhausting day on the beach. It's 8:45 and we are all ready for bed! We are headed on a whale watching tour tomorrow morning!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess by now you are all out on your whale watching tour. That should be fun. I'd love to see the kids expressions.☺
The close up pic of Emily at the end of the blog looks a lot like she looked when she was 2-3 years old when her hair was short and curly. Very cute. It looks like anyday now Noah might become a surfer... LOL!
Can't wait for the pics of the whales tomorrow.
Love, ☼
G.