Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Party and Other Fun Things

That time of year is starting. We have something or several somethings on the calendar every weekend. It's always fun and a welcome change from our usual Costco, laundry, mow the lawn and clean the house. We know how to live it up!

Aunt Pam came up for the night. Her and I went to lunch and Costco. I can't escape that place. She brought holiday themed gifts for the kids.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It included masks:
Photobucket
Ben was in heaven.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And funny suckers.
Photobucket
Then, Pam read them some books and acted goofy.
Photobucket
Then, Noah got a fever. Uh oh, this is always the worst when it happens around holidays. The next morning he had another fever and found a patch of sunlight to warm himself in. He's like a dog.
Photobucket
I took Emily and Ben to a Halloween party at our friends house. Noah stayed home with David.
Photobucket
Shannon did a great job with the decorations and food.
Photobucket
Those are supposed to be witches fingers on the left. I called them Frankeweenies. HA!
Emily and her friend Alanah.
Photobucket
Bobbing for apples the hygenic way.
Photobucket
Ben made a spooky hand.
Photobucket
Shannon had grown some pumpkins, so the kids got to pick one. Emily grabbed this baby one for Noah.
Photobucket
The pinata was a hit. Pun intended.
Photobucket
Then, Emily came home and consummed all of her candy from her pinata. And threw up all the candy from her pinata. Lesson learned. I put a little twix in her lunch today and she asked if she had to eat it. I guess that's one way to ensure more candy for me!

I have a wedding to go to for my cousin in Phoenix Thursday night. I'm going solo since David will have to watch the kids. Then, we have a family get together since everyone will be in town at my Dad's in Phoenix on Saturday. Oh yes and trick or treating tomorrow! It's Ben's favorite holiday, and he could care less about the candy. Busy, busy, busy, but such fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina loved all the pics. I'm hoping both of the two sickies are better. I loved Emily's costume. She looked gorgeous.Looked like a great party. Hope all goes well with wedding and that your relatives from the NE are able to make theirflights. NY looks pretty bleak.
Love
G.

Linda said...

Fun times for sure :)
You look at the busy calendar as fun, and I look at the weeks ahead as a chore.... I guess I need a better attitude right now!

Love, Linda