Ben was swinging in the snow. Very different from singing in the rain.

When he came in, he had snowflakes on his eyelashes.

Then the kids talked us into going sledding. David and I are tired from several nights of not sleeping. Emily insists on keeping both of us awake all night when she is not feeling well. In any case, we said no to an afternoon nap and yes to an afternoon of sledding. And we are glad we did.


No matter how many times we go to this park sledding, they always have a great time. Emily tried sledding blindfolded.

And Ben was moving so quick, but his smile is the best.

Noah took a few trips down, but really only wanted to throw snowballs.

There were some great runs already made when we got there. The one next to us had a little ramp, so when those people left, we made our move. Here's Ben getting ready to wipe out.


Emily mastered the ramp quick enough.

I don't often get pictures of Ben without his glasses. So, I was taking a few extra close ups of him.

Someone made a giant snowball. Noah was totally freaked out to stand on it.

Ben is not bowlegged, he was just trying to steady himself.

Emily sitting on the snowball. Noah was just trying to figure out a way to throw it.

Ben taking his turn.


Someone else had made this cute chair and ottoman. We all took turns in the hot (or cold) seat.





I took a few videos of them sledding. I don't know why it's so funny when they wipe out, but David and I can't stop laughing at both of them.
As with everything, Emily got the hang of it after 2 wipe outs and mastered the hill.
Now, we are just waiting for the school to call a snow day so we can do it all over again tomorrow.
4 comments:
We have been waiting all winter to go sledding and we never got enough snow to go :p Maybe next year :D
What a fun day! Great pics, great times! Love ya!
Loved seeing all the snow and activities pictures. I saw the pictures last night but thought I would wait until today, Monday just to see if there was to be a chapter( round ) 4 of the snow fall in the PV area.
Not seeing anything yet so I'm guessing school went ahead and no more spring break for you guys. In any case it looked like you had a great week and too bad Emily ended it not feeling well. Hope she's feeling better with no fever today.☼
Love,
G.
Sledding fun in Arizona and here in the north, we never even had enough snow that lasted more than 1/2 day for sledding. Definitely a turn in the climate for sure.
Loved seeing all of your great photos of the fun. :)
As you know, I really longed for a snow day or two this winter, but now that Spring is here, I'm not longing for that anymore. It's still pretty and being that this is Illinois, anything can happen, but not likely. I know we'll still have some cooler spring days, but we certainly seem to be in a warmer weather pattern now.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment