Saturday, March 3, 2012

Around Our House

I've been neglecting my blog lately. It happens sometimes. I don't beat myself up about it. I do a very basic "Around Our House" post that makes me feel caught up and I move on. So, here it is.

Ben is obsessed with getting the mail. I was the same way when I was little. I remember when the mailbox would be empty and my Dad thought that was a good thing. "No mail, no bills." That was his motto.

All my bills are online now, so mail is actually fun to get. But, Ben doesn't care what is in the mailbox. He just likes to run out and grab it. If I get it before he gets home from school, I'll leave one or two pieces of junk mail in the box just for him to get. One time, I wrote him heart love notes and left them in the mailbox. Honestly, I've even opened the mail and put it back in the box, so he'd have something to find. Now that's love, right?

Last week, he brought me this note from school.
Photobucket
It says, "To Mom From Ben Don't get the mail. He's serious about the mail. Maybe he'll work for the post office one day.

Emily kept wanting green eggs this week. I finally made them today. I think they sounded better in her mind because when she saw her green eggs, she wasn't so sure she wanted to eat them. She closed her eyes and took a bite. Luckily, they tasted just like regular eggs.
Photobucket
She asked me to make her purple ones next week.

Our friends always go to the Sundogs hockey games up here in Prescott Valley. They are the minor version of the major league. I don't know what that is in hockey lingo. We never go to games. It's $60 for tickets. Plus the kids would want some Dippin' Dots or a churro. To throw down $80 for 3 hours of entertainment isn't going to happen. It's just money we don't have. Well we have it, but I won't spend it on things like that.

Lucky for us, our friends had 4 tickets to tonight's game and their son got sick! Not that it's lucky for Josh, but it is lucky for us. They had 2 extra tickets, so David and Emily went. But Ben wanted to go too, so David will get him a ticket when they get there. They are never sold out and you pretty much sit anywhere. The kids were totally excited and they borrowed some jersey's from our friends to look like real fans.
Photobucket
Ben's looked more like a dress.

I think they are going to have a great time! As for me and Noah, I'm going to get some work done and he is watching a Tom & Jerry marathon. He's obsessed with Tom & Jerry lately. It's a very exciting night in our house!

And for my mother in law, I took off the word verification on comments. So, no confirming you are not a robot anymore. Yea!

There, I'm all caught up on my blog and I'll try to start fresh next week.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I've been wondering where you've been since I check every day. :) Glad to see things are going well.

Nothing exciting to report here - Sarah is away at her Dads for the weekend and Jim and I are enjoying a relaxing weekend.

Love, Linda

Piper said...

Lol--Ben looks so unimpressed with his dress-er, I mean jersey ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gina , Indeed you are "the Best" . Those funny words were getting the better of me cause a couple times I wrote my comment, tried to rewrite what I thought I saw and all of a sudden my comments were gone and,( not posted) and I was left with trying to remember what I'd written and really it sounds so lame the second time around, that I just would give up. Anyway Thank You!
I hope the kids like the game tonight. I am sure their dad will although would he ever admit it?
Hope the rest of the weekend goes smoothly...☼
Love,
G.