Sunday, March 4, 2012

Science Experiment

We had a lovely day today. It was warm and sunny. We spent a few hours at the park with friends and I was cursing myself that I didn't bring my camera. David had nobody to play hockey with, so he was teaching Noah. Cutest thing ever.

We also got a new vacuum this weekend. After replacing a belt and a hose, we figured out that it was beyond repair and we needed a new one. We got a bagless vacuum for the first time and I'm amazed at how much stuff it picks up. I'm vacuuming every 12 hours and wondering where dirt and hair came from in 12 hours. Oh that's right, 6 people and a golden retriever. Not that hard to figure out really.

While the kids were bathing, David and I vacuumed the kids bedrooms. I was picking up all the toys off the floor and I moved Ben's tool bench. That's when I found a container of blueberries. See if I unpack the kids lunch and they haven't eaten their fruit, they have to eat that before they get anything else. I remember bringing Ben a container of blueberries awhile back. Then, we found out they didn't taste right. Well instead of telling me they were tasting funky, Ben hid them under his tool bench.

And what we have a month later is a science experiment.
Photobucket
And it smelled as good as it looks.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my! :O

Glad you had a good day though, minus finding the science experiment.

Sundays when Sarah is at her Dad's are always hectic because Jim and I have basically the morning and then we leave at 1:00 and don't return home until 5:30 or so. A long day of driving.

Love,
Linda

pam said...

Mmmmm. . . yummy! NOT!

Anonymous said...

Oh well you know Ben does have that "mad scientist" approach to some things.. My favorite experiment is wrapping purple grapes in paper towels and then leaving them in a drawer for a month or more... in the end I found I had a whole bunch of raisins. I actually tasted them and they were great.. no mould... and no bad smell. It took me long over 60 years to perfect my approach to making my own raisins, not sure what Ben is aiming for...What does one call mouldy blueberries?☼
Love,
G