Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Like Sister, Like Brother, Like Brother

I wrote a post a few years ago about how Emily and Ben like it when David tosses them in the air. You can read it here.

Here was Emily ages ago. She's not wearing pants and I'm not sure why.
Photobucket
And Ben...
Photobucket
David no longer throws Emily or Ben as it would break his back. But, Noah got a turn today.
Photobucket
He loved it. That's probably the only similarity between all three kids. The boys were both in underwear because they were potty training.

David took today off and took the kids to see The Lorax. I went shopping with Noah instead. He's never sat through a movie at the theater and I didn't want to spend that much money to be walking the lobby.

After that, we went to the post office to turn in our paper work for our passports. Huge relief to have that done. That cost $435, not to mention David's was another $110. We better get some good use out of them and not just the one summer trip to Canada that we have planned.

That about wraps up Tuesday. My Dad and stepmom Suzy are coming up tomorrow. So, that will be fun. Speaking of my Dad and Suzy, they sent me a few pictures from this past Sunday. They went out to Olive Garden with family.
Photobucket
While this may look like a typical family dinner. It's really extraordinary. Everyone in the picture is my Mom's side of the family. My Mom's stepmom is the oldest lady. My Mom's sister is in the striped sweater, two of her sons are there. My Mom's brother is on the far left, along with his son and his family.

How many ex-husbands and their wife go to dinner 20 years after a divorce with their ex-wifes family? Just one that I know of...mine. But, I think it speaks volumes for the type of people that I have in my family. A divorce didn't separate the fact that they were all family for 20 years. And Suzy loves them all like they are her own family. It takes some very big people with very big hearts to love like that.

I'm a lucky girl to have such a caring family.

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is a beautiful post, I enjoyed reading it. :)

Funny - we were at the post office today too, our local one, to see about turning in Sarah's application for a passport. Not so much for the same trip to Canada, but so she can go up to Toronto with us sometime to see her sisters. I wanted to wait until she was older than 16 because her passport will be good for 10 years AND both parents aren't required to be there (as is the case for under 16). Since her Dad doesn't live near and since we're not quite as amicable (spelling) as your family when it comes to ex's, I didn't want to have to involve him in the process. We used to get along okay and attend things together and yes, his family and I still keep in touch, but not so much anymore for him and his wife and I, for good reason.

Looks like you enjoyed a beautiful day. Our weather here as well is just crazy good for Illinois in mid-March. It literally feels like early summer out here. Hope it stays around. I dare packed up the boots today, but then Jim and I talked about the year that we got a big snowstorm on the last 2 days of March (after warm days).

Anyway... I never finished what I was saying about the passport - we have to go to the larger post office in Champaign, because our local one only processes them by appointment. Didn't know that.

Enjoy your Wednesday.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? Nothing more needs said. Thank you and I love you very much!
Suzy

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? Nothing more needs said. Thank you and I love you very much!
Suzy