Thursday, March 15, 2012

Goldwater Lake

We have several lakes around our town. We've been to all of them over the years except Goldwater Lake. David took today off since the kids are on Spring Break and we decided to go.

It's been awhile since we've enjoyed the great outdoors. It's hard to take a baby hiking. You (meaning David) has to carry him on his back the whole time. Everything is just harder. But he's old enough now to hang with big kids, so we are going to hit the trails more often.

Anyway, the kids were super excited and went running over a bridge to nowhere.
Photobucket
We went to the water and David showed the kids how to skip rocks.
Photobucket
Noah will be a quarterback or something one day. This kid has an arm.
Photobucket
We went for a walk/hike around the lake.
Photobucket
Emily was loving being at the lake.
Photobucket
Noah was loving throwing more rocks.
Photobucket
The rock climbing was by far their favorite.
Photobucket
I told Ben that this was nature's playground. He thought so.
Photobucket
Emily didn't go in, but Noah did get his feet wet at one point.
Photobucket
Ben looking handsome.
Photobucket
My girl striking a pose.
Photobucket
David took a picture of me with the kids. That will fill my quota of one per year.
Photobucket
Emily balancing on a rock.
Photobucket
Ben spinning webs.
Photobucket
I love these kids.
Photobucket
Sibling love.
Photobucket
Noah throwing more rocks. I'm not even kidding, he probably threw 150 rocks.
Photobucket
Taking a break.
Photobucket
They had a little play are with some swings, so we played while David got lunch from the car.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Salami sandwiches that Ben turns into a ghost.
Photobucket
You can't beat the view.
Photobucket
Emily took Noah down on the dock while we finished lunch.
Photobucket
The kids found some ducks.
Photobucket
And more rocks to climb.
Photobucket
I was a nervous wreck the whole time thinking someone was going to get hurt. But, nobody did. I was taking pictures while they were climbing some more rocks.
Photobucket
Photobucket
They climbed and climbed and climbed.
Photobucket
Now getting down would be the hard part.
Photobucket
They were completely exhausted when we left.
Photobucket
It was a great afternoon with perfect warm, sunny, no wind weather. Which is good because we may have snow in 3 days.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Perfect with no wind! I love that. :)

I enjoyed seeing all of the photos and reading about your wonderful day. I love this kind of stuff - walking/hiking, picnics, exploring. Glad you enjoyed a great day.

Right now, I'm doing the happy dance in my office (a scary sight for sure), but I'm so darn happy because in just a little over 6 hours I'm out of here and off to enjoy our spring break. I hope our good weather holds up for it - at least the coming days in Chicago look like they will be nice. We'll make the best of it no matter what though.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Gina, I loved all the great pictures. It is so great that Noah is now able to participate with the big kids.That makes it so much easier for all. It didn't look like you had to fight the crowds either.All in all it looked like a successful adventure and a great family day.
love,
G.