Monday, March 26, 2012

A Day of Celebration

The kids brought home their report cards last week. Ben had all O's and S's (outstanding and satisfactory). For the first time, Emily got all O's. She's always had 1 or 2 S's in there. We are so proud of our kiddos.

Today was their awards assembly. Emily had perfect attendance for the third quarter. Noah and I went to her assembly this morning.
Photobucket
Photobucket

It's really hard to have perfect attendance in the winter due to all the illnesses being passed around. She's a trooper though and I'm glad the principal is having a special day of pizza in the park to celebrate. Poor Ben can never get perfect attendance because he always has an eye appointment in Phoenix every 3 months.

After Em's assembly, we went to Mom's coffee. We meet once a month and talk (gossip) and have coffee (bloody mary's). Okay, kidding. It's totally tame with coffee and treats. But, it is nice to get together with these great ladies.
Photobucket
Noah was the only boy there and he enjoyed hanging out with 4 of the little girls.
Photobucket
It was like he had his own little set of sister wives.

In the afternoon, I went back to school for another assembly. Ben got Student of the Month! Oh, he's wanted that award from the first month. I just kept telling him to do his best and he'd get it. His assembly is in his classroom, and David met me there since it was later in the day.
Photobucket
We were so proud of him and he was so proud of himself.

Photobucket
They sang a song.

And we got to play some fun games with them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then came even more celebrating. We don't eat out a whole lot, so it's a super special treat. We reserve Red Robins for celebrating such wonderful occasions. The kids think the milkshakes are the best!
Photobucket
Photobucket
When Ben was too full to finish his, I offered to help. That's what Moms are for!
Photobucket
On the way home, we were listening to some music. Since I wasn't driving, I finally got Noah on tape singing a little. I had to hide the camera between the head rest because he'd stop singing if he saw me taping him.

And although we didn't drink from any red solo cups, today was a giant party!

4 comments:

Linda said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND WAY TO GO!! :D

I remember all of those days with Sarah and then they get in Junior High and High School and everything changes, lol. School is no longer fun. She lives for the weekends. Just like me with work - ha!

Love, Linda

Linda said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND WAY TO GO!! :D

I remember all of those days with Sarah and then they get in Junior High and High School and everything changes, lol. School is no longer fun. She lives for the weekends. Just like me with work - ha!

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Well Congratulations to Emily and Ben for their accomplishments at school and to Noah for singing and entertaining the family on the way home. I did call on Monday night and wondered where you all were on a Monday night after supper hour but now I know. Glad you were all having a great evening out.☼
Love,
G.
PS Gina , I was able to get sufficent pictures from the method we spoke about last week. Thanks.. for your help with that issue.

Pam said...

Way to go, Em and Ben! Excellent singing, Noah! These three are pretty great - nice job, beans and David!