Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Third Child

Noah had his 2 month well check yesterday. It was 11 days past his 2 month mark but that's because the Doctor was on vacation. He weighed in at 8 pounds 7 ounces and 22 inches. I can't believe he has grown 5 1/2 inches in a few months. He wasn't on the charts yet for weight, but he was in the 5% category for height.

I got home and decided to write his stats in his baby book. I pulled it out and opened it. Nothing is in it. Every page is blank.


Then, I pulled out Emily's to see what her 2 months stats were. Oh brother, I have a lot of work to do to measure up to this.


Every page of her book is complete with photos and funny little things about her. Ben's is pretty good too. I've done nothing for Noah so far. I refuse to let this happen.

I am a third child. I remember looking at my sisters baby book and it was complete, down to a lock of hair from her first hair cut. I had a few random things written in my baby book but almost every page is blank.

Apparently, nobody came to visit me in the hospital when I was born.


All that happened on my first birthday was I got "lots of toys". How exciting.


Oh wait! Here is a lock of hair from my first haircut! Never mind, that's my brother, Joey's, in my baby book! Look at the date...I wasn't even conceived yet. How did this end up in my book?


I know my Mom was busy. I understand that now more than ever. Now that I blog, I feel like I'm documenting their lives all the time. But blog or no blog, I refuse to put Ben's hair in Noah's baby book. I am going to get working on Noah's book. After all, he does have an exciting story so far.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am laughing so hard! Alex's scrapbook has the pre-birth pictures of his nursery...and that's it. (he's my first) He does have a semi-complete baby book, where as Amanda's is still in the plastic wrapper. (she's six now). I applaud you for not giving up on it!

Holly and Bo said...

That's funny, Gina! I'm guessing, but could be wrong, that people would be surprised that I have not kept up with Brayden's book. My older sister, who doesn't have a scrapbooking bone in her body, has done video clips of her son at every month, hand prints, foot prints, etc. I haven't opened Brayden's book in about 3 months. Your blog is motivation for me though.

Linda said...

This is indeed so very funny! :D Sorry... this from a first child. By the time my youngest sister came along, there was nothing. She too has very little and hardly any photographs. My parents didn't take many photos to begin with and they simply say that they were either too busy, or that people did't do that much back then, which isn't true because I have friends who have TONS of photos and home movies...

Oh well - we take what we're given and I think it's great that you document so much on your blog. Just remember.... to print it all off sometime or save it, because who knows with online technology. :)