Today was my due date.
I thought about this a lot today.
A part of me will always be sad.
Sad that I missed the last few months of my last pregnancy.
Sad that I didn't even have a moment to realize what was going on as I was too high on magnesium.
Sad that I didn't take any pictures of my belly with him inside me.
Sad that David and I didn't get to see Noah be born.
But, I'm so blessed that I have a healthy beautiful little boy.
I'm happy that I don't have to lose all of that extra baby weight that I would've gained in the last months.
I'm happy that the NICU got him on such a great schedule.
I'm happy that I've gotten to look at him every day for the past 8 weeks and enjoy his noises and expressions, and his smell, oh I love how he smells.
I'm happy.
5 comments:
As you should be :-) What a blessing!! Life hardly ever goes on schedule. ♥
You have an amazing birth story to tell Noah when he gets older. I am so glad he and you are doing so well!
It maybe with some moments of regret that you look back on the last 2 months of Noah's pre-birth developement( not sure if that's how you would describe it)but you were certainly spared some of the most uncomfortable days of pregnancy. You still looked great and were not having too much trouble keeping active in the days leading up to your nightmarish days of"being high on those drug induced moments of cloudy remembrances". And that in itself was a blessing. Of course David got a chance to experience the role of single dad for a few weeks and found he didn't really like that part of the play and prays it won't ever happen again. Ha!
I can hardly wait to see little Noah next month. Please take pics with his grampie while he's there. He'll be safe to hold him as he had all his shots!!!!
Love,
G.
I'm happy for you. But... so sorry that you and Emily aren't feeling well. Hang in there!
Hugs! I feel your sadness and your joy too! There is a precious amazing boy in your arms and that makes my heart smile big!
Post a Comment