Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tuckered Out

Today was a busy day. Such a busy day that I didn't get to take my afternoon nap. Yes, I, not the kids, nap every day. They watch TV and terrorize the house and I get to rest for an hour. Since nothing catches on fire, I think it's a win/win.

We went to the summer movie at our local Harkins Theatre, which we do every Wednesday. 10 movies for $7, can't beat it.

Then my cousin Denise, who lives in Chino Valley (which is about 20 minutes from here), invited us to their public pool. It was such a wonderful day. We are so used to the indoor pool at the YMCA that it was a nice change to lather on the sunscreen and soak up some sunshine.

I think the kids enjoyed themselves.





So much so that on the way home, this was their reaction. This is VERY unusual. I have to say I did a great job at tiring them out.


Then, we ordered pizza for dinner because who wants to cook after all of that?

Now, it is pouring rain and has been for over 2 hours. I love an evening thunderstorm. This means I will have zucchini the size of baseball bats in a week!

It was a glorious day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a day in addition to all that Facebook chatter. You must have been exhausted and ready to pull a Ben& Emily on the couch :)
The pictures are so cute and as always much appreciated.
Have a great weekend.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Very cute! A fun day for sure. :)
Hey, I even take afternoon naps - I took a 2 hour one yesterday shortly after I arrived home at 2:30. Sarah, on the other hand, hasn't napped since she was 2.

pam said...

That picture of them passed out is awesome! The new suits are a perfect fit! I'm glad you had such a great day.