Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pirates

One of Emily and Ben's favorite things to do is play pirates. They gather treasure and use a cardboard paper towel roll as a telescope. They were playing pirates in the living room tonight and David and I were watching So You Think You Can Dance.

We hear Ben cry. We know the difference between she took my toy and I'm seriously hurt cry. We were off the sofa in about a second. Ben is holding the side of his face by his eye. We ask Emily what happened and she said he fell and hit his face. We can tell when she is lying. They needed another telescope, so they got the hose attachment from the vacuum cleaner. They do this sometimes, but a fight must have broken out over it and she whacked him.

She admitted what she did and was sent to her room (with a spanking to follow). She won't be doing that again anytime soon. Ben had a welt across his forehead and by his eye along with a little cut above his eyebrow. She clocked him good.

While David was "tending" to Emily, I was consoling Ben. He stopped his sobs for a moment, lifted his head off my shoulder, with tears streaming down his face and pooling in his eyes he said, "We need to make Mymy (his name for her) walk the plank!"

Captain Jack Sparrow would be proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy there Mates!
Oh My what are we going to do with that agressive young lady? Walking the plank she could probably do with her eyes closed and a grin on her face.But trust Ben to come up with a punishment worse than death for him. I remember the video of how he gets across the "Plank" on his hands and knees.
When you mentioned the vacuum cleaner hose I thought you were going to say they turned on the vacuum and suctioned out a section of his face... So the wack was small in comparison to what I imagined. I'm guessing the little cut wasn't sufficent to warrant stitches or with modern day technology..glue.
Hope all is back to normal today. :)
Land ho!
Love,
G.

Linda said...

I love to read about your adventures. :)