Yesterday I took the kids to the library. They love going to the library. It seems they pick out the same books over and over, whatever is on the third row which is eye level for them. A whole new world of books will get opened up when the new library is finished in a few months and they have all different books on the third row, that and when they grow to see the fourth row.They love the TV show Arthur. It's on PBS and about a groundhog or prairie dog or I really don't know what he is, but the kids like him and he's not completely annoying like the purple dinosaur. The series of Arthur books are located on the third row, so we always come home with at least one Arthur book.
Last night after dinner, I was doing the dishes and David and Emily were sitting at the dining room table reading the new Arthur book she checked out. It's about Arthur's little sister, D.W., and manners. So, I'm half listening to David read the story..
"When I sneeze, burp or fart, I say "excuse me, please".
I'm laughing to myself thinking that will be a hit at playgroup next time.
Then, David reads, "At bedtime, instead of being a pain and saying I'm not tired, I read books - even though I can't read yet. And I always stay in my room. And I never come out to wake up my Mommy and Daddy..."
I'm thinking this is a fantastic book for Emily when I realize that David is hesitating a little while he thinks up more lines to add to the book to fit Emily's bedtime situation.
And you know what?
She stayed in her room all night and didn't come out once. I knew my husband was a genius.
4 comments:
Let's see how long this tactic works. The Thumbelina Doll did the trick for her other "Bad" habit. Maybe the Arthur manners book will be the winner on this feat!
"Yes please," says mama!
Love,
G.
LOVE that!! Can he come read to my 4 year old?
Amanda
That is genius! We'll be using that...too bad Brayden doesn't understand us yet. We could tell him that he should be sleeping at night and not during the day.
I still secretly love Arthur, in fact last week, I was clicking through channels in the late afternoon and watched it on PBS for 1/2 an hour. Now it's not a secret anymore. But that was always one of our favorite shows and also book series - Sarah has a bunch of those packed away with her "favorites". :-)
Post a Comment