Monday night we went to a neighbors house that lives a block away. They are one of those fun neighbors that everyone wishes they had. We actually lucked out and have them. They do fun parties and spontaneous get togethers. I actually had to go to one of their parties to meet some of my neighbors that live on my own block. I don't know how they know everyone, but they do. Actually, I do know...he's a pediatric dentist, they have 4 kids, the kids play sports, it's a small town, they are super friendly... Anyway, it was no surprise when I got a call Sunday night inviting us to celebrate national ice cream month the following night at their house. Friends, ice cream, I'm in.
The kids had a blast. They dug out a huge hole, so their trampoline is flush with the grass. That ought to cut down on injuries and it makes it more fun to not have to climb on top of it all the time. They also had this great horse swing made from tires that Emily just could not get enough of. There were kids everywhere, laughing, sweaty, sticky from ice cream and in the middle of all the kids playing is my husband. He's taken up a game of soccer with Josh, a friend of ours 7 year old boy. David couldn't get enough.
Tonight (well last night, I'm writing at 4 AM more on that in another post), we went to the clubhouse pool after dinner. It's small and cold, but it's better than nothing. We met up with our friends and us Mom's are gabbing a mile a minute. Emily is swimming around with her friend Alanah. Ben is sitting in the hot tub preparing for his role on the Bachelor season 47. That kid loves a hot tub. We have to make him get out every few minutes because he looks like he's about to fall asleep.
Then, I hear the kids...a big group of 8 of them yelling, "David, throw it here." And I turn to get a glimpse of this kid David when I realize it's my husband. He's on one side of the pool playing ball with 8 kids. This went on for a good 30 minutes until Josh was leaving and had to take his ball with him.
David has always been very hands on with our kids, but I don't think I ever realized that he is just a big kid himself. Just another thing to love about him...
4 comments:
Yep, that's my boy! David has always been great at playing with the kids, usually they were his younger cousins.Haven't you noticed how much he enjoys the rough and tumble of wrestling with Ben? But, I'm glad to see he's found his niche in the neighborhood. Hope your day is not too sleep deprived.:)
Love,
G.
That's fun! :D It's great that David plays well with the children and I have to write that I wish we had neighbors like those "fun ones" - some of our neighbors are okay (you know, like my parents), but I could greatly do without the drug dealers across the street!!!
I noticed that about David too as I saw him LUNGE to kick the soccer ball. Glad you had fun at the party. We did too! And we still have leftover ice cream! And that "Bachelor 47" line made me lol!
Josh has sure loved the challenge of keeping up with Big Kid David! Get this , though.......we were at the pool today and Josh and Zac were told they could not throw the ball in the pool. So does that mean NEVER or just when that particular employee is working? Hmmm.....what do I teach my son? Abide by rules or break them when it means having harmless fun? Tough one! :-)
Dak
Post a Comment