This is Sid. He does some awesome experiments and wants to know everything about everything. We had never seen Sid before and the kids were transfixed especially Emily. I loved the show immediately. Sid started singing this song which is in every episode and it goes, "I love my Mom. My Mom is cool." I'm thinking fantastic. Nothing better than brainwashing. We've TIVO'd Sid everyday and we've been watching it more than once a day. David was fortunate enough to catch part of an episode the other night. He pointed out that Sid is from bi-racial parents. I had noticed. I think it's great.

So, Sid did an experiment last week where he froze ice pops. I happen to have one of those little containers with 4 sticks used for freezing stuff. I've had it since I was single and I'm sure I made margarita pops one time. It's been collecting dust since I had kids. I got it out and Emily said, "I'm so exskited." Her version of excited. She could not wait to freeze something. The first night we froze orange and apple juice. Then, we froze coke. She was so exskited that she woke up at 6 AM wanting to check to see if they were ready to eat. While shopping today, I came across Kool-Aid. We've never had Kool Aid before. The kids are wired and don't sleep enough. I don't need to add Kool Aid to the mix. I thought it would be fun to freeze it though. We just finished mixing it up and Emily asked what it was. I told her it's called Kool Aid. I gave her some in a cup. She took a huge sip and with a red ring around her mouth and a bright red tongue she declared, "I love Kool Aid!"
***UPDATE 30 MINUTES LATER***
Bad idea, bad, bad idea. I hate Kool Aid more than bubbles. There needs to be a warning label on this stuff. I looked out and the kids were playing on the swing set. I saw Emily swinging and thought oh, she put on her ruby red slippers. Um, when did she do that? They are in the office where I was. Upon further investigating, her feet are stained red! Ben's hands are red! She dumped Ben's glass of Kool Aid down the slide and they played in it. This will be the last time we have Kool Aid. I'm donating the other packet that I bought to the food bank.
5 comments:
Ha! That's funny! Thanks for the smile before bed!
I didn't get my laugh before bedtime, but this morning at 7:04 am I am laughing my head off.... good one Emily and Ben. :)
still laughing!! And isn't the mom in the Kool-aid commercial always wearing white?
Oh, no!! It's so funny though :-)
I'm thinking back and I don't remember buying Kool-Aid, though we had plenty of other bright, juicy drinks that stained clothes and skin. I'm one though that had a very neat little kid - my friend Shelly used to tell her son Ian - Look at Sarah, why can't you be clean like her? But... I guess that some kids save it all up for the teen years, as she makes some pretty big messes now and don't even look into her room after she's gone through her clothes!
Hey Gigi!
Didn't I just tell you my friend was jealous of how "cool" we are as parents!! Save the cool aid as a coloring agent for homemade play dough, it will also smell good! At least it made for some funny photos!! Loved Ben's face in the first one!!! :)Shar
Post a Comment