Monday, September 22, 2008

The County Fair

We went to the fair on Saturday. It's about 5 minutes from our house and the kids are too little to HAVE to go on all the rides. We were there for 2 hours, saw all the animals, spent only $12, and the kids are still talking about what a great time they had.

They played on a swingset that was on display:



They saw a rainforest show with a snake, macaw and wambat.


Emily met The Incredible Hulk.


They pet a chicken...


a horse...


a goat...


and a sheep.


Emily thought this sheep getting fed a bottle was the coolest thing.


We found out there is an Alpaca farm about 5 minutes from our house. Is this what I smell sometimes when the wind is blowing from the East?



They were farmers for the day.






They even got a ribbon.
"Look over here kids."


"Emily leave your brother alone and look at the camera."


"Put your arm around him."


That'll do.


They got to ride the best ride...on Dad's shoulders. (Yes, David really needs a haircut.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice, family friendly way to spend the day. Glad you all had fun.Did Ben get to make all the animal noises he had practiced?
love,
Grammie

Linda said...

I love the County Fairs!
When Sarah was little, we used to go to all of them. The last time we went was the Champaign County Fair, and we took Sarah and Jenny, though it cost substantially more than $12. They are big - so they ride EVERY ride and eat lots of fair food and it usually costs a fortune. My favorite fair events are the 4H exhibits and the animals. Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day with the fam. Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!

brownymama said...

Whoa! The blogging world is small. I was checking in on NieNie's blog and started looking at other's blogs and you were on some strangers blog!!! I just got caught up on all that's been going on. I am so sorry about Forest! I hadn't seen him walking the last few times with David and thought that was strange. We need to get together soon to catch up! Krista