Friday, September 4, 2015

Hanging Out

The weather was absolutely perfect tonight.  High in the 70's with a cool breeze.  We decided to skip the pool after dinner and walk to the park.  As the crow flies, it's about 1/2 mile from our house.  

We walked/ran to the park.  The other night while David was away for work, I took the kids and dog on a walk.  Emily and Noah road bikes.  Ben and I walked.  A few times, Ben would run and holy moly, that kid is fast.  I couldn't believe it. 

So, David and Ben raced here and there on the way to the park.  Ben won once.  David won once.  Pretty impressive for a 9 year old whose stride is half that of his Dad's.  

Anyway, we had a great time at the park.  The boys rolled down the hill.


These are the goal posts for the soccer field.  The kids were channeling their inner "American Ninja Warrior."

Rocko joined in on the racing and smoked everybody.  :)  He's the top dog.  He was tired too after chasing a bunch of tennis balls.

It was the perfect start to our holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like a fine night for a family fun in the park date. I love to see the pictures of the kids enjoying themselves and knowing they are doing it with you and David close by . Rocko too got in on the action.How nice is that???
Hope you all have a great weekend.☼
Love
G

Linda said...

That all looks wonderful! :) Hopefully we here in Central Illinois will soon be able to enjoy some of those cooler temps. It's been anything but pre-autumn-like here.... summer weather for sure in the upper 90s all week with humidity to match. Still, I've been liking it because I don't like winter - at - all. Did I say that already? lol, I can't stand winter. I used to enjoy that season as well, but not so much anymore and autumn just makes me think about what's to come afterwards.... ahhh, but one day at a time. Today was beautiful, even though it was hot.

I always enjoy your updates - checking in here Sunday night before I go to bed.
Love, Linda