Thursday, September 24, 2015

Aint Nobody Got Time For This

So, this sick bug is running around our house.  Emily came home from school on Monday sick.  Well the nurse called me because I requested to be notified if my kids go to the nurse.  They don't just go because they are bored.  They only go if they really need to be there.  Yes, they might not have a fever or explosive vomiting, but that doesn't mean they aren't sick.  Those are basically the only two reasons the nurse will call your parent.

So, the nurse calls me and tells me Emily "convinced her teacher she had a fever and she only coughed once when she was in the nurse's office."  I still went down there.  I know my kids well enough.  The nurse sent her back to class.  I get to school, and they call her to the office.  She comes around the corner, sees me and starts crying.  

Yeah, we need to go home.


And an hour later she has a 101 fever.  We erred on the side of caution and made a doctor appointment.  She had been coughing for a month, so we just wanted to rule out any lung stuff since she isn't getting better and now has a fever.  Plus, we leave for NY in 7 days.  I don't want to do the wait and see stuff with this.  And she has the onset of pneumonia.  Her lungs were just starting to wheeze.  So, she's on an antibiotic.  The rest of us are fighting it.  Nobody else has a fever, so I think we'll be good in a week.

In the meantime, I've been tasked with making a 90th birthday video montage for my Grandma's party in NY next Sunday.  It's so fun looking at old photos.  

I like this one best.  I'm a trendsetter...photo bombing before they were even cool.

He he he....

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you've all been fighting illness so soon into the season. Take your vitamins and rest up. :) xo

I LOVE the photo you shared and your comment - yep, a trendsetter for sure!! That's hilarious.
:D

Love to you all,
Linda