Sorry Buzz, you'll have to wait, but only for a few years.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Green
We can't get the nursery ready yet. Our current guest room will become the nursery. When my Dad gets home from Idaho, he's going to help us enclose our den. Then, the den becomes the guest room and the guest room becomes the nursery. My Mom is coming the month before I'm due to help me as I roll/waddle around the house, so we need to keep our guest room for her. Not that it really matters that the nursery isn't set up. My kids slept in a swing or vibrating chair for the first 3 months of their lives, so I'm not too concerned that the crib is not set up for this little guy.
We did get the painting done though for the nursery. It's green, really green. What I call "superhero green". We did a minty pastel green for Emily and Ben, but I can't imagine any 2-3 year old little boy wanting a room that resembles mint chocolate chip ice cream. It always made me want a bowl. So, we went with a bold green because we are not painting it again in 3 years. It's just calling out for a giant Buzz Lightyear to be plastered on the wall. However, we bought some adorable bear and bunny crib bedding from a friend for now.
Sorry Buzz, you'll have to wait, but only for a few years.
Sorry Buzz, you'll have to wait, but only for a few years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow-ee that is really green!
Hope the little guy is not color blind and will be able to enjoy such a GREEN room..I must say we never thought of making a room so bright when we were having babies 100 years ago!!
Good for you...Love ya..Auntie Barb
I hear on the TV commercials that "green" causes kids to be really calm. It causes them to sit down and read their books with out instigation from parents. Can you imagine what a calm , well read, lovable child # 3 will be??? Ha!
Actually the color looks great. I hope he enjoys it and that it does calm him. :)
Love,
G.
Yeah for GREEN!! I LOVE Green and that's the same color that I had in my room as a little girl. It's wonderful.
Green is my favorite color! That lucky baby. (:
Post a Comment