Saturday, June 13, 2009

And Many More

Yesterday was my dear sweet hubby's birthday.

He took the day off from work (his last mandatory furlough day). We didn't do a whole lot, but it was just nice to spend the day together. We are finding that as we get older that's all that really matters.

We did go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We love that place.

We also baked him a cake.




I love David for many reasons. But, he continually does things to prove he really is the best husband around.

The other day he brought me home flowers just because. He's pretty special like that.



This morning, our housing development was having their annual community yard sale. He watched the kids while I went out and found some deals for the baby and a few things for Emily and Ben. When I got home, he was steam cleaning the carpets.

I know, I know, he really is the best.

I'm a lucky girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you are the lucky one and we all love David so we understand what a great guy he is and how lucky he is to have found you ..Please tell him that even with my new hip I can still take him..I know he will understand and chuckle :)Please give him our best wishes for his birthday..I am glad you are both so happy...and hope it always remains that way.Love ya Auntie Barb

Linda said...

This is a wonderful post - So glad that David had a wonderful Birthday - Happy Birthday! Here's to a great new year of life.

The photos are wonderful and you are all very blessed.

Linda

Anonymous said...

I know he thinks he's pretty lucky as well. I find it hard to imagine my little baby with already 38 years tucked under his belt. I agree he is the "best".
Love,
G.
PS you all did a great job on the cake and of course Rocko had to get in on the deal. :)

Sandy said...

Hi Gina, I found your link through Pioneer Woman and wanted to say contratulations on the green mixer! It is super nice. It was my hubby's birthday on the 12th too, and he is the best also! I call him MacGuyver cause he can fix anything. His real name is Rex
We have a golden too named Bentley (Ben) ♥

brownymama said...

Happy Birthday David! Glad you all had a good day!