My kids were never "Why?" kids. They never went through that phase, which I'm grateful for.
However, Emily has been asking me real questions lately. Well, why is a real question, but when a 4 year old asks it 20 times, I think they are just trying to be a pest.
Most of her curiosity comes when we are driving.
Here is a sampling lately:
"How does the car go backwards?"
"I put it in R for reverse. Then, I put it in D for drive and the car goes forward."
"Daddy isn't in the car. How can we pump gas?"
"Um, I've been pumping gas for 20 years. It's just something your father normally does if he is in the car with us. He's a gentleman like that."
"When I die, will God make me again?"
"Not unless you believe in reincarnation, which we don't." (Luckily I did not get the obvious next question of what is reincarnation?)
"How did the baby get in your belly?"
"Next question please."
"Mom, how can you drive with only one hand?"
"I'm very careful and I need the other hand for eating my bowl of fruit."
"Will we see Forest in Heaven?"
"I hope so."
The list goes on. I just think it's funny. As I was laughing today at one of her many questions, she asked, "Mommy, why are you laughing?"
And I finally gave the lame answer of "just because", but I followed it up quickly with "just because I'm happy".
3 comments:
Well, I am glad to see that Emily is thinking about all kinds of stuff! I am also so happy that you have time to enjoy the spontaneous questions and be happy about having to answer 10,000 questions a day .I was just mentioning yesterday at work, that I believe I missed out on all those touching moments as a mother as I was either always at work, or was too busy doing a thousand other things to be able to enjoy the pure joy of my babies and the inquisitiveness of their nature.
However, they didn't turn out too badly so I guess someone was answering their questions... just wish It could have been me having the time to enjoy their youth and innocence:)
Love,
G.
Oh yes, the precious questions!! Don'tcha love it?! :D It's great that you take note of these wonderful times -- all too soon, the questions are far more complicated, lol.
you won the mixer on Pioneer Woman's website!
Post a Comment