Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Screwy Spring Weather

I just don't get Spring. In my mind, Spring makes me think of flowers and sunshine and me running from butterflies (can't stand the suckers). At least this is what spring meant when I still lived in Phoenix.

But, this is what we were doing 3 days ago. (looks like Spring)



Mind you the kids finally came inside when hypothermia was starting to set in. The water was freezing, but still they were in bathing suits enjoying the weather.

Today we have 30 mph winds and a chance of snow. I seriously doubt it will snow, but there is a chance. What the heck?

Spring is so wishy washy. Make up your mind already.

And to top it off, I officially outgrew my pants yesterday. I had to unbutton and unzip on the way home from Costco. One day they fit, the next day they don't. I'm happy I made it to almost 4 months in my regular clothes. But, now with this cold weather, I actually have to break out the maternity jeans. Being due October 2nd, I was hoping to slide from my regular jeans right into stretchy waist capri's and cute drawstring chino shorts. But, NOOOOO Spring can't make up it's mind. So, here I am in my elastic jeans.

I'm ready for Summer.

4 comments:

Holly and Bo said...

And where do you get stretchy waist capris? Because I'm tired of the maternity pants! And I'm getting bored with my wardwrobe. We're kind of thankful it cooled down here in Phoenix as yesterday I think it was approaching 90. Not quite ready for that yet! I want to enjoy leaving the windows open for awhile longer.

Lindsay said...

Girl I can't wait to see you in your prego clothes with a belly!!!!
I understand about the ups and downs. When we lived in the midwest it was totally that way. In fact just a couple days ago it went from 75 one day to 6 inches of snow the next! That will make anyone sick!!!!

Amy said...

I wish I had my 1st pregnancy to do over. I started wearing tent shirts way before I needed to, everyone thought I was having twins. So I just kept eating to fill in my shirts. I gained 85 lbs. :-(

Linda said...

Playing in the pool IS summer here - never Spring, lol. Spring for us is 50's and 60's with a very occasional 70 degree day. I'm just happy it's sunny today and 60 but our ever-present Illinois wind makes it seem cooler.

I hate the up and down temps as well and am just ready for steady 70 degree temps. Maybe in about a month here, though last year at the beginning of May, Jim and I were working on the pool setup - removing the sod on a day when it was about 35 degrees with 40 mph sustained winds - that was in the first week of May. :( Oh well, have to make the best of the nice days.