His three favorite things right now are:
1. Playing Barbies with his sister. Just when they have all the dolls set up, he takes his robot and stomps through the townhouse Godzilla style.
2. He's really into pretending to be somebody else. He will tell us (in his best robot voice), "I'm not Ben, I'm a robot." He still dresses like the wicked witch on a daily basis and asks me to paint him green. I put a dab on his nose which satisfies him. He also loves outer space, especially Buzz Lightyear and astronauts. He uses an old licorice container (bucket, bowl) as a helmet and pretends to be a spaceman.
3. He'll tell me 10 times a day about the status of his penis.
"Mommy, my penis is big."
"Mommy, my penis is small."
"Mommy, my penis is big again. Can I make it small?"
"Yep, get your hand out of your pants."
It's all rather amusing except when he gives me an update in a crowded grocery store.
I love this kid.
6 comments:
Ummm, wow. I have no experience in raising boys. :-)
He's adorable and I imagine your days are spent smiling and laughing because of all of the cute things he and his sister conjure up.
Very cute. He is a sweetie.
I love this age too. They get smarter everyday.
I can hardly wait for the day 20 years from now when Ben is bragging about his mom's blog that she kept for all those years ... and Bam right there on Ben's Favorite Things he notices for the first time what she had to say about his 3rd favorite thing... That day,I probably won't see but I sure would like to see his expression.
Love,
G.
Hi Gina. I am Amanda, a friend of Amy's and we have met on several occasions at birthday and Fourth of July celebrations. I saw you on Facebook and checked out the link to your blog. (I blog as well and love reading about the antics of other kiddos/mommies.)Do you feel like you are being stalked? I am harmless, really.
My point in commenting is just to share in your laughter about the penis "thing". I have two boys and feel as though I am CONSTANTLY having these types of conversations. Bath time is interesting and now that I have been mothering thes rascals for awhile, I am completley warped as I laugh at gas being passed at the dinner table and snicker when "underwear" is mentioned. I do love this life, though, and would not change it for the world . . . Hope you are well and loving Prescott!!
Amanda
I'm pretty sure No. 3 will be his favorite thing forever!
Post a Comment